• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Adding "Shine" to Car

Status
Not open for further replies.
Local adjustments brush with really high contrast and clarity would probably do the trick.

i'm a novice to LR, can you kindly be more specific as to which "local adjustment brush" you speak of?

Try a search, perhaps? ;)

I had a look at the photo you linked to, and I doubt the shine was added in post-processing. Looks more like large studio lights. If all else fails, I'd suggest sending a message to the photographer who took the photo and ask them how it was achieved. :)

You may want to purchase one of the many books, videos available or take some classes to getup to speed.
A very helpful place is the Adobe On-line Help accessed through the help menu in Lightrooms tool bar.

I concur with Fred. The shine in your photo is the result of lighting; I would be very surprised if anyone could reproduce that in post-processing. I do have experience adding some of that effect with Photoshop, although the results are not nearly as pretty. The tools in Lightroom fall well short in that respect.

I would rather bet on both, carefull lightning plus enhancing here and there in PP..there is no one technique that would be enough, it starts with a good lightning and continue/finnish in PS...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back