• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Adding Options To Metadata Browser???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like the option to sort my images by the shots taken with Flash.

Is there a way to add it to the Metadata browser or am I just blind and I can't see it?

Thanks

Kelly

You're not blind...it just isn't there, and there's no way to add fields to the metadata browser. In the metadata panel on the right side of the screen, you can display the EXIF data which includes the Flash field, but I don't believe you can do anything with it, like sort or select.

And, interestingly, the Find panel contains an EXIF selection, but I've never been able to find anything with it. Maybe someone else has been able to make Find EXIF work and can jump in here. On the surface, that would work for you if you could find images with EXIF containing the appropriate phrase for flash fired.

To me, this is one of those strange shortcomings in LR's DAM features.

Quite right Jim, there isn't currently a way to do that. LR's trying to be all things to all people, and isn't quite managing any of them perfectly, but hopefully we'll see that added in a future release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back