• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Adding Classic to my LRCC Workflow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

heavydoody

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.13 High Sierra
I hope this hasn't been asked already. I did some searching, but most everybody seems to be incorporating Classic and LRCC (non-classic) together in a different way from what I want to do.

I'm 100% in on LRCC (cloud). Everything is great there. No problems. All my photos are stored in CC cloud, just like I like them.

The only thing I'd like to use Classic for is merging panos and bracketed HDR photos. But I don't want Classic to start syncing local copies the moment I install and launch it.

I don't mind copying my bracketed shots over to Classic manually. Is that the best way to go? Launch Classic, pause sycning, turn syncing off?

There are a couple of ways that I've heard of where the user is fully converted to LRCC, but has the full Photography Plan which includes Classic and Photoshop. Basically they would export the brackets using the "Original + Settings" option, then either import the exported files into a new Classic catalog especially for HDR and Panos (with syncing obviously not started), or open directly into Camera Raw. Then perform the merge, and import the resulting DNG back into LR CC.

Hmmmmmm... I would love to use ACR to create the merged DNG. Any suggestions on where I can learn to do this? Nothing I've tried gives me the ability to create a merged DNG.

Hmmmmmm... I would love to use ACR to create the merged DNG. Any suggestions on where I can learn to do this? Nothing I've tried gives me the ability to create a merged DNG.
Open all the images in ACR at once. You will get the ACR dialog, with a filmstrip on the left side. Select the images in that strip and click on the pop-up menu lines in the upper right corner of the strip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back