• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Adding Camera data in Lightroom 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

atj777

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
6.x
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.13 High Sierra
I'm scanning a bunch of slides I shot in the 1980s. I know the camera I was using and I'd like to add it to the imported TIFF files in Lightroom 6 but it appears those fields don't appear if not set.

Is it possible to add them or should I use EXIFTool on the TIFF files before I import them?

You’ll have to use EXIFTool.

I'm scanning a bunch of slides I shot in the 1980s. I know the camera I was using and I'd like to add it to the imported TIFF files in Lightroom 6 but it appears those fields don't appear if not set.
Yes, it is a challenge with scanning.

I found when using an Epson Scanner it puts in Epson and the Scanner model where the camera information goes.

I use EXIFTOOL and apply the changes before importing. I haven't tried it but if you wanted to do it in LrC you may be able to do it by copying Metedata and/or using a plug-in.

I've attached a copy of my Windows BATCH file and example EXIFTOOL output. In there I set
  • File and Scanner information in USERCOMMENTS
  • Keywords with source/scanning info
  • Camera Make/Model
  • Original date/time of photograph the best I can. Also date/time digitalized
  • Type of scanner in the FILESOURCE metadata tag

Attachments

• example.txt
    4.5 KB · Views: 127
  • Example.txt
    2.7 KB · Views: 146
I've used the plugin CaptureTime to EXIF to add Date/Time and some other EXIF information to images I imported a couple of years ago. It might add the EXIF information you want.

@Paul_DS256 I use an Epson V500 with Epson Scan software and don't get any information for camera make and model in my scans. Are you using VueScan software? I believe it can add some EXIF information like camera and model. Thanks for the EXIFTOOL information. I used to have problems with LrC V9 after adding metadata to 50-60 images, so I'm thinking about adding the metadata prior to importing 1000+ images from the 1920s, 30s & 40s I inherited from my parents.

I use an Epson V500 with Epson Scan software and don't get any information for camera make and model in my scans. Are you using VueScan software?
I was using an Epson V750 but also use a V500. I was not using VueScan.

However, I just tried and I can't duplicate my previous findings. Like you, no camera information. Maybe I came across it when I was experimenting between Epson Scan and Vuescan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back