Not open for further replies.

ralf11

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
I have some older manual Nikon lenses (AiS, and earlier) and since LR6 doesn't support them, I found lcp files for the lens profiles at:
Download lens profiles - Photographs, Photographers and Photography

These are zipped, but unzip directly to lcp files.

I copied the lcp files to:
Macintosh HD / Users / [my username] / Library / Application Support / Adobe / CameraRaw / LensProfiles /

following instructions here; then closed & reopened LR 6 but it does not seem capable of finding the lens profiles.

Is there something I did wrong? Or is there a way to force it to use those profiles?

Capable of finding and applying them automatically or at all?

In the Develop mode, and in the Lens Corrections box, I check both boxes, then below is "Custom" (only option) then I set 'Lens Profile' make = Nikon, but cannot find the correct entries for 'Model' or for 'Profile' (the latter has only a single option in it).

Not sure why it is on Custom only. Can you find any newer lenses?

OK, I found them (at least the ones for .NEF) - they were not under Nikon alphabetically, but just have names like "55 3.5" etc.

Is there a way to rename some text inside them to say Nikkor 55 3.5 ??

Sorry I don't know how to do that. Not sure if it is safe to rename them in the folder where the profiles are stored.

Is it Setup still greyed out? If the other 2 options in the menus were available you might be able to get them auto apply at import. I do that with lenses that are listed via Adobe. Not sure if that would work with 3rd party as I have never tried it. You never know.

OK, I found them (at least the ones for .NEF) - they were not under Nikon alphabetically, but just have names like "55 3.5" etc.

Is there a way to rename some text inside them to say Nikkor 55 3.5 ??
Renaming the file is useless. You would have to open them with a text editor. There is an internal name field that Lightroom uses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back