• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Export "Add to This Catalog" Images taking to long to load.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsphoto

Hi all, I've not seen this mentioned and I've searched for this particular issue and can't find anything on these forums.

When exporting any type of file and the "Add to This Catalog" box is checked in the export dialogue, the process of adding the photos to the folder after the export is complete takes an inappropriately long time IMHO. In the previous version of LR, the exported files were added and immediately accessible from LR upon completion of the export. Now, it can take upwards of 5-10 minutes it seems for the files to populate in the folder and grid view after export. (I've not timed it...but I'm impatient so it may only seem that long) I like to have immediate access to my jpegs from within Lightroom so I can continue without delay to the next part of my workflow. Now I have to wait a good while for the files to populate. My work around has been simply to avoid checking the " Add to This Catalog" box and then doing a quick import from the newly exported folder instead. Its much faster that way. Is this a known bug? I use LR Classic on both a Mac and PC and have the same issue with both systems. Other than this, I'm mostly in love with the new improvements .

Operating System: Mac OS 10 iMac 2017
Processor: 3.5 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory: 24 GB
Lightroom Classic 7.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back