• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you ever disappointed with your photos? Do you get frustrated when you’re editing because you’ve been told to move certain sliders, but never been told WHY? Do you wish you could transform your photos without having to spend hours in front of the computer? In my new book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit Like a Pro, you’ll learn:
    • how to to analyze a photo like a pro, saving you hours of frustration.
    • WHY you might want to move specific sliders, instead of just following recipes.
    • what the sliders are doing behind the scenes.
    • how to use sliders together, instead of in isolation, so you can get the optimal result
    The book is based on the cloud-native Lightroom desktop and mobile apps, but the principles also apply to Lightroom 6 and Lightroom Classic. The sliders are arranged into slightly different panels, but there's an included PDF that shows you where to find them in Lightroom Classic/6.

Add Text to Photo

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Operating System:
Is it possible to add text to a photo using LR6, and not for a slideshow just one photo. (Using LR6.12)

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Thank you Clee, I couldn't find a way, but I found that I don't always know enough about LR to be sure. I had another user locally that said that I could. Thanks once more....

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
You can use the Watermark feature in the Export dialog to apply text. There is a lot of flexibility. This is not as good a solution as Photoshop or Elements.

Occasionally I'll use Photo Mechanic to add text for presentations. PM allows the use of wild cards in a watermark, so I can automatically apply specific camera setting information to each image on an automated basis.

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Operating System:
Is it possible to add text to a photo using LR6, and not for a slideshow just one photo. (Using LR6.12)
The Print module can 'export' a JPG file if you change the "Print Job" to 'JPG' and then [Print to File...]
On the print you have an option to add Photo Info (Title, Caption, etc) or custom text. The big limitation is that there is only one font and the text appears on the border below the image.
So, very limited, but text on a photo is possible. But almost anything with text is possible with an Export to Photoshop.
ScreenShot506.jpg

Gnits

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
If you want to add metadata text to a lot of images regularly (in a professional manner), then it is possible to create a mailmerge type process using a Photoshop template. If this is of interest I can dig up the relevant tutorial by Julieanne Kost. In my view Adobe should make this a built in pipe between Lr and Ps (and InDesign).

Another way to do it is build a process around Microsoft Word or Powerpoint mail merge.

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Thank you for this information. As yet, I am not using PS but can see many times it as being a desirable option.