• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Apple TV and Web? Then you'll love my new book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit Like a Pro!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • It's Lightroom update time again! Color Grading and improved zoom across the whole Lightroom family, plus graphical watermarks for the cloud-based Lightroom apps, as well as the usual new cameras, lens profiles and bug fixes. See this blog post for Lightroom Classic and this blog post for the Lightroom Cloud Ecosystem changes.

Activated Devices Question

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version
Classic
Operating System
Windows 10
While trying to sort out another problem, I noticed that my online Adobe Account is showing two activations fro what appears to be the same machine - one with the name of the machine and the other with the name appended with "_64". Did LR install in both 32- and 64-bit versions? should I just leave it alone, or will it count against my installations if I want to install Classic on my laptop? I did not know if I should deactivate either of them, or if this would just cause more issues. Any suggestions?

--Ken

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
You are allowed 2 activations. If you install LR on a 3rd machine. you can activate it and Adobe will deactivate the other two. when you next use the 1st machine Adobe will ask you to activate (again) Since Adobe can not determine which activation of the 2 that you want to de activate it deactivates both of them. You can install LR on many machines but only two can be activated at a time.
Leave it as is and Adobe will keep you straight.

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
You are allowed 2 activations. If you install LR on a 3rd machine. you can activate it and Adobe will deactivate the other two. when you next use the 1st machine Adobe will ask you to activate (again) Since Adobe can not determine which activation of the 2 that you want to de activate it deactivates both of them. You can install LR on many machines but only two can be activated at a time.
Leave it as is and Adobe will keep you straight.
Sounds good. Having not deactivated before, I did not know if it might cause issues down the road. But I am still not sure why there are 2 activations on the same machine? But I think that I'll let Adobe sort it out as you have suggested.

Thanks,

--Ken