• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

accidentally synchronised folder, lost the edit- undo

Status
Not open for further replies.

sachin010

Lightroom Version Number
lightroom classic cc 7.5 release
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
Hi all,

i synchronised folder in lightroom but i noticed all my edits and my rating disappears and it goes gone back to state where i just imported the images.
can anyone please help . how can i undo the sychronized folder or how can i go back to the state where i was before i applied synchronised folder.

i don't remember having this issue before as i am sure i had done this but was my changes was still there.

please help. thank you in advance

Check the History of the image(s). You should be able to undo that step there.

If it was a sync settings on images then yes i could but this ( synchronize folder) is the whole folder, there is nothing in a history

If it was a sync settings on images then yes i could but this ( synchronize folder) is the whole folder, there is nothing in a history
I'm sorry, but I do not understand what you are saying here. Changes in develop settings are recorded in the History. It doesn't (or shouldn't) matter if these are changes made on an individual image or on an entire folder of images. So what does the history of one of these images looks like?

BTW, do you make regular catalog backups?...

For Sachin010 it may be the case that all the images in the folder were "Missing", and as a result the [Synchronize Folder] deleted these files from the Catalog before a re-import.
As Victoria states in her article- Dangers of Synchronize Folder
"It doesn’t intelligently relink missing files....."
As asked by Johan- Restore from a backup Catalog may be the one way to restore the edits for this Folder of images.
Restore photos from backup catalog

I'm sorry, but I do not understand what you are saying here. Changes in develop settings are recorded in the History. It doesn't (or shouldn't) matter if these are changes made on an individual image or on an entire folder of images. So what does the history of one of these images looks like?

BTW, do you make regular catalog backups?...

may be this image would help you understand better. ofcourse the edits were done in a develop module but not the synchronized folder.
i had done this (synchronised folder from library module)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-01-17 at 9.40.08 am.png
    Screen Shot 2020-01-17 at 9.40.08 am.png
    198.9 KB · Views: 302
  • Screen Shot 2020-01-17 at 9.40.20 am.png
    Screen Shot 2020-01-17 at 9.40.20 am.png
    57.3 KB · Views: 278
For Sachin010 it may be the case that all the images in the folder were "Missing", and as a result the [Synchronize Folder] deleted these files from the Catalog before a re-import.
As Victoria states in her article- Dangers of Synchronize Folder
"It doesn’t intelligently relink missing files....."
As asked by Johan- Restore from a backup Catalog may be the one way to restore the edits for this Folder of images.
Restore photos from backup catalog

i dont have a backup :(

i dont have a backup :(
Then sadly you're going to need to redo the edits and turn on backups for future mishaps. It would be worth you reading the article I-See-Light linked to too, so you don't accidentally do it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back