Accidentally Deleted all my RAW and edited photos in a folder in LR

Status
Not open for further replies.

grdnangl313

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
I accidentally deleted all the RAW photos I had just edited in one of my folders while in LR. I thought I was only deleting one that I didn't want out, but I had highlighted them all. Now I don;t know how to get them back. I moved them from my Trash back into the folder but when I go to import them all back it says there are 'No Photos Found'. HELP! How do I get the RAW files back with all my edits on them??

A lot will depend on exactly HOW you deleted your photos-

If you pressed [Delete] and Lightroom gave the dialog, did you choose "Remove" or "Delete from Disk".?
Your post would indicate it was "Delete from Disk" , then you need to use the OS to restore the photos from Trash (as you state) and then decide if you want to A) Re-Import the photos, OR B) find a recent catalog backup that will restore the link to the photos.
A) will restore the thumbnails but not any editing history. B) will restore editing history BUT only photos that were in the catalog at the time of the Catalog backup.

If you deleted the photos using Finder in the OS, then Lightroom still contains links to the photos and you cannot re-import them. (they will show as 'missing'). Restoring the photos from the trash to their original folder location should re-link the photos in the LR Library. (if it not the same folder as before, they will again show in the library as 'missing')

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/help/locate-missing-photos.html
http://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-photos-missing-fix/

Yes I Deleted from Disk (I thought I was only deleting ONE photo but they were ALL highlighted at the time. So the RAW photos went into my 'Trash' and I went into the trash opened up a new finder window, found the folder they had been located in and dragged them from the Trash into the old folder. But now when I go back into Lightroom and locate the folder to re-import them it says there are no photos there. Not sure what to do now?? Should I restore a recent backup and if so, how do I do that?? I'm new at this so not sure of the exact steps to take now...

But now when I go back into Lightroom and locate the folder to re-import them it says there are no photos there. Not sure what to do now?? Should I restore a recent backup and if so, how do I do that?? I'm new at this so not sure of the exact steps to take now...
Are you in the Import module, or just looking at the folder in the Folder pane?

Try selecting the folder, and using "Library>Synchronize folder..." making sure to check the option to open the import module so you can see that these are in fact what you wanna import.

Are you in the Import module, or just looking at the folder in the Folder pane?

Try selecting the folder, and using "Library>Synchronize folder..." making sure to check the option to open the import module so you can see that these are in fact what you wanna import.

I figured it out (newbie here) I had copied the amp files over to the folder but I looked again today and the RAW files were still in my trash, so I copied those back to the folder and now I have all the information I need. Thanks for everyone's help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back