• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

A Question on Retouching Along Border of Subject & Background

Status
Not open for further replies.

kitjv

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
v9.4
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.15 Catalina
As a casual user of Photoshop 2020, I have hit my limit of knowledge & need some experienced advice. I have an image of a bear on which I have replaced the background (using Topaz Mask AI). I likely was not careful enough when I created the mask to delete the background. As a result, there are areas along the edges of the bear's legs that have a light blur between the hairs where the background was not carefully removed. I have unsuccessfully tried a couple of the retouching tools in PS to surgically clone out the blur between the hairs on the bear's legs. But I admit to being a PS novice. So, any help you might provide would be most appreciated. Thank you kindly.

Bear-IMG_6916-Edit.jpg

I would try a Clone Stamp set to Darken, probably a low Opacity, run on the edge and see how that helps (try from the stones).

Paul: I used the Clone Stamp tool & experimented with various settings of opacity, flow & brushes. I finally got it dialed in to my liking. Not being adept with Photoshop, it was a bit tedious.

Thanks for the response.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back