A Posting Oddity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Victoria,

Beat posted an item in the Equipment Talk forum last night at 9.45pm. Rikk apparently replied today at 12.27pm, although his reply never turned up in the New Posts search. I only noticed it because I happened to notice the "blue envelope" (indicating a new post) when I opened the main Forum page. However when I opened the Equipment Talk forum there was no sign of Rikk's post.

So I went back to the main forum page, opened Rikk's post via the 'last post' link, it opened OK.

But, if I look now....still the only place I can access that post is via the main forum page. If I open Equipment Talk, no sign of it. If I do a "Today's Post" search, still no sign of it.

Happy New Year!

A couple of screen shots for you. First is the main page, you can see Rikk's is the last post in the Equipment Talk forum:

Capture.JPG

Next, after opening the Equipment Talk forum, nada:

Capture1.JPG

And when doing the "Today's Posts" search, you can see Beat's initial post, but Rikk's reply doesn't show up.

Capture2.JPG

I've had a vague feeling for the last few months that something isn't quite right with the 'New Posts' thing....there have been a few times when I've missed a new post when I really shouldn't have. Was prepared to put it down to the inexorable onset of senility....but now I'm wondering if there isn't a problem lurking in the software somewhere. I can but hope!

Brad Snyder

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Well, when I open the Equipment Talk forum, there's a thread where Geoff is (currently) the last post. The 'jerk-stopper' thread shows it was started and last post by beat. However if I open the thread, Rikk's post is there, and is last.

Can't help with the rest, I don't use any of the "what's new" stuff, I just read all the forums/threads in order. (I do have to admit, that I have been using 'Mark Forum Read' a bit more than usual, I've been really busy with real work, and the team here seems to be coping nicely.)

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
How very odd. It's not showing up in my what's new listing either. I wonder if it's just the equipment forum, or have you noticed it elsewhere?

I'm going to turn the forum off for a few minutes and reset all of the counters. If you're uptogether with reading the forums, hitting the Mark Forums Read button might clear out some gremlins.

I'll be back here 'properly' soon, so I'll look out for any other patterns and see if I can figure out what's going on. You guys are doing a brilliant job though, thank you.

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
I've not noticed anything so specifically odd as this particular post, so maybe it's just a one-off. I just know that there were one or two occasions in the past few months where I missed a reply in a thread that I was active in.....given that I routinely use the 'New Posts' feature so that I see all forum posts, this surprised me a little. I had assumed it was either me, or the Tapatalk app that I sometimes use on my iPhone....but I'll keep my eyes open for any more 'funnies'.

Status
Not open for further replies.