• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

A Plus (+) sign in my Adjustment Brush

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimadd

Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic 8.3 release Camera Raw 11.3
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
I have a A Plus (+) sign in my Adjustment Brush and the brush does not work. I have no apparent problem with any other adjustment tools. Any ideas?
I am run-in on a MacBook Pro with OS 10.14.5

Hi Jim and welcome!

When you say doesn't work - you mean you can make no brush strokes with it? There should be a '+' sign in the centre (unless you're subtracting by holding Opt/Alt in which case it's a '-')

Try hitting 'O' so the overlay shows to check what it's doing.

For example, trying to do teeth whitening, when I “paint” over the teeth it marks the start point but I get nothing changing. Turn on the mask - nothing. Same with darkening or lightening.

For example, trying to do teeth whitening, when I “paint” over the teeth it marks the start point but I get nothing changing. Turn on the mask - nothing. Same with darkening or lightening.
Something like that is usually caused by the brush settings. The Flow and/or Density is set to a very low value.

This is when you move your cursor over the image? If so this is the indication that you are adding a brush stoke using the current settings. If you then press the Option key it should change to a minus sign.

Like Johan said it this usually the result of very low values in Flow and or Density.

I often accidentally change the flow by using the 1 or 2 numeric keys thinking that I am setting a star rating. But when a brush is active this will set the flow to 10 or 20. At this value you usually can not see the effect of the brush.

-louie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back