Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version
LR Classic 10.2
Operating System
  1. macOS 11.0 Big Sur
I ran into an issue that I would like to resolve:

When in Library mode I access a particular folder it always goes to the last (oldest) image even though the folder is organised Z-A on capture date. This only ever happens in one folder; all others behave normally.

Any idea how I can remedy this?

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
If you have z-a specified, you'll see the oldest listed first. There's nothing wrong.

gYab61zH

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Confused. Perhaps I expressed myself wrong? When in Library mode I click on a folder and the folder is organised Z-A Capture Time, it shows me the most recent image at the top of the folder. LR does so with every folder without exception exception, except this one particular one (and not even consistently).

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
If it shows you the most recent image at the top of the folder when you have z-a specified, that's a bug. So you're saying that LRC does it wrong for all folders except one?

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Classic
Is it just one image at the top of the grid that is at the wrong end of list or are others showing at the wrong end as well? Or, is the entire list displaying backwords compared to the Z-A setting? I've had issues where I've used non LrC programs to change metadata fields (particularly date) and LrC fails to sort them properly (I suspect that they are interpreted as either day 1 in the universe or day infinity.

gYab61zH

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
If it shows you the most recent image at the top of the folder when you have z-a specified, that's a bug. So you're saying that LRC does it wrong for all folders except one?
Hal, we must be talking at cross purposes here. When a folder is sorted Z-A it is supposed to show the most recent image at the top of the folder. In the folder I am talking about it does that too but instead of showing me this image it scrolls down to to bottom and shows me an old image.

gYab61zH

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Is it just one image at the top of the grid that is at the wrong end of list or are others showing at the wrong end as well? Or, is the entire list displaying backwords compared to the Z-A setting? I've had issues where I've used non LrC programs to change metadata fields (particularly date) and LrC fails to sort them properly (I suspect that they are interpreted as either day 1 in the universe or day infinity.
I'll have a look. perhaps there is something amiss with the image it keeps on showing me.