• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

A keyword bug?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlisonTB

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom classic 10.11
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
Hello all:

I've noticed for some time a strange keyword. "Exercise" shows up all over the place, even though it's not in my keyword list. Also, it sucks up other keywords and nests them under it. When I click on a image and see Alcatraz<exercise, there are no check marks next to anything but Alcatraz (or below) in my keyword list. If I search for "exercise" tons of irrelevant images show up, but again there are no check marks in the keyword list to tell me where this word is hiding out.
Anyone else have this issue with a keyword?

Alison

Johan, thanks for the info. I was pretty sure that it maintained collections but couldn't test it as my catalog was being backed up and also couldn't find anything specific in the documentation other than how to actually export a collection.

Thanks! I will do 'export as a catalog' but the thing is HUGE- 132,000 images and lots of collections. I believe the collections do go out when you export as a catalog- I've done it before. Then I will open the exported catalog, relink the images, and see where I'm at.

Thanks! I will do 'export as a catalog' but the thing is HUGE- 132,000 images and lots of collections. I believe the collections do go out when you export as a catalog- I've done it before. Then I will open the exported catalog, relink the images, and see where I'm at.
You only need to create the new catalog, so do not include the ‘negatives’ (original images) and do not generate previews or smart previews. Just rename your current previews to match the exported catalog name after the export is finished. Exporting a 132,000 images catalog will take some time, but such a catalog is not as huge as you think. Mine is 200,000 and I know photographers who have catalogs ten times that size.

I exported the catalog and it still has the keyword 'exercise'. Drat. But I did notice something in my original catalog: "exercise" doesn't show up in the keywords box at this point, only in the other box.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-02-21 at 12.11.53 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-21 at 12.11.53 PM.png
    152.5 KB · Views: 129
  • Screen Shot 2021-02-21 at 12.12.02 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-21 at 12.12.02 PM.png
    141.4 KB · Views: 128
and, "exercise" is not a parent keyword (immediate parent or anywhere up the chain) of any of the "enter Keywords"? Also, re-verify in the new catalog that filtering the keyword list (not the images, but the list of keywords) doesn't show "exercise".

1613952051343.png

It it entirely possible that your "bad" catalog sent the mythical "exercise" keyword to the new catalog but in this case it is probable that it was added as a regular keyword (and not a corruption of the KW list).

Thank you for your tine with this!
Nope, doesn't show up in that box- its blank. Or in the keyword list. And only sometimes in the keyword box when "enter keywords" is selected, but often when "keywords & containing keywords" is selected. Sometimes is has things nested under it, and sometimes all by itself in 'keywords & containing keywords". When I search for 'exercise" using text:keywords/contains words:exercise lots of images come up, but there are no checks next to any 'exercise' word I can find in the list, even drilling down through the parenting. There simply is no 'exercise' word into keyword list that I can find.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-02-22 at 10.39.04 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-22 at 10.39.04 AM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 130
  • Screen Shot 2021-02-22 at 10.39.14 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-22 at 10.39.14 AM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 141
This looks like the old "Ghost keyword" problem that I explained here.
This bug has been fixed in the recent LR version, however you may still have to fix the corruption in the database.
If you don't know how to fix the DB, send a PM to me I'll do it for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back