• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

83MB size photos in LTR6.14?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LexS

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
  2. macOS 10.14 Mojave
Hello all,
I have LTR6.14 on mac and pc.
At the moment I have a Leica Q as main camera.
I contemplate buying a Leica Q2.
On Leica's the DNG is the Adobe DNG standard.
Picture size of a Q2 is about 83MB, would that be a problem, or is that too big to handle for LTR6?
Thank for your insights.
Lex

I seem to recall processing huge panoramas the I was runing LR 6.14. They are created as DNGs Your Leica Q2 should not be a problem with Lightroom. Where you could have a problem is taxing the CPU and RAM whenever Lightroom attempt to process such a large file. If you have a fast quad core CPU and at least 16GB of RAM there should not be a problem. This is especially true on the Mac. Wither Windows computer YMMV.

I've got a Sony A7Riv and have no problems in LR 9. Uncompressed they are about 120MB. I don't recall (but maybe there was, as it was LONG ago) any changes along the way to 9.2.1 specifically for larger regular images.

I also think you should be fine. Note there have been a lot of performance improvements along the way though, so 9.x would be faster if that becomes an issue.

That sounds good, speed is unimportant at my age.
No specific reason why big photo size wouldn't go then.
Thank you both.
Lex

That sounds good, speed is unimportant at my age.
You must be really young. As I age I find myself more, not less, impatient with wasting the time I have left. ;)

You are still young, I am too (feeling), but 80 today. I don't have much lost time to make good. Feeling as 60 !

A lot of my files in LR are scanned TIFFs from slides, each with 112 to 115 MByte. No problem. The only limit is the speed of my WLAN, since I have my pictures on a NAS, while the catalogue is on the PC.

Klaas

Thanks to you too, Klaas, for your confirmation.
Lex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back