• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

7.0.1 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

KBeat

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Operating System: macOS High Sierra
Exact Lightroom Version (Help menu > System Info): 7.0.1

Was anyone else confused by the notes in today's 7.0.1 update to LR Classic? They said something to the effect "update includes histogram and new information bezels". Huh?

We had a histogram that worked fine in Classic and I'm not sure what the new info bezels are? Does another user have a better idea of what this update was meant to do?

There was a histogram bug when using local adjustments, that the histogram was not updated while dragging the adjustment sliders. This may be that. Not sure otherwise. Regarding the "information bezels".. dunno. TBH nothing is clear about this update really.

Working on it...

According to the Lightroom Journal, the real purpose of the update was to clarify the update for the Lightroom 6 users and to make it so that the installer wouldn't automatically replace their Lightroom 6 installation.

According to the Lightroom Journal, the real purpose of the update was to clarify the update for the Lightroom 6 users and to make it so that the installer wouldn't automatically replace their Lightroom 6 installation.
Yes, that's what it says in the blog Victoria linked to above. However, that's not what it says when the update appears in the Creative Cloud updater and you check what's new. There it says something about new bezel info and histogram, although I can't recall the exact wording.

Need to get a grip. Lost the plot obviously. That is why I am now looking at alternatives - LR is great, not so sure about Adobe these days :-(

I saw the same message briefly before updating and was curious too. Bezels and histograms??
Bezels are those translucent messages that show as an overlay on the image in loupe view. Adobe has had problems with bezels in earlier versions of LR. Often old problems previously solved will reappear in a new release of LR. I'm not sure the bezel problem here is the old one again or something different.

Operating System: macOS High Sierra
Exact Lightroom Version (Help menu > System Info): 7.0.1

Was anyone else confused by the notes in today's 7.0.1 update to LR Classic? They said something to the effect "update includes histogram and new information bezels". Huh?

We had a histogram that worked fine in Classic and I'm not sure what the new info bezels are? Does another user have a better idea of what this update was meant to do?

This is what I got when I tried to update that bug-ridden mess: Now I'm dead in the water because an uninstall and a second try gave the same message.
Exit Code: 146

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 2 fatal error(s), 0 error(s), 1 warnings(s)

FATAL: Error (Code = 146) executing in command 'MoveFileCommand' for package: 'AdobeLightroom-mul', version:7.0.1.1142117

FATAL: Error occurred in install of package (Name: AdobeLightroom-mul Version: 7.0.1.1142117). Error code: '146'

WARN: Unable to move file at "C:\adobeTemp\ETRFA34.tmp\1\Adobe Lightroom Classic CC\CRLogTransport.exe" to "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom Classic CC\CRLogTransport.exe" Error 5 Access is denied.. Try setting correct permissions to the specified file/folder or parent folder, so that admin has rights to modify it.

Here's the exact "What's New" message:
2017-10-26 19_08_24-Creative Cloud.png

"New informative bezels" I understand, but "includes the Histogram" doesn't tell me anything.

There was a histogram bug when using local adjustments, that the histogram was not updated while dragging the adjustment sliders. This may be that.

I think you could be on to something here.. I don't recall the histogram ever changing when using local adjustments - which I've always thought was odd.

Checking with 7.01, it now does. It doesn't change until after I let go of mouse button or pen, but at least it changes now.

... Of course there's always the chance I may be smoking too much of the local shrubbery, as well.

The bezels bit was a typo. As you can imagine, they're all up to their ears in it right now.

Well my overlay info in loupe view (filename, etc) are all gone now

Are you sure the Info Overlay fields didn't get set to 'None'? It works fine for me on Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back