• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

6.13 Update for Perpetual

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trihelm

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Update to 6.13 does not appear when using help menu update ~ Creative cloud only shows update for Lightroom Classic CC. How do I get the update for perpetual version.
Windows 10 6.12 Perpetual .

Yes still confusing and a poor state of play , in VBs latest newsletter she points to the following Adobe page

Download Photoshop Lightroom

If you read down it provides links to original LR6 installation files plus all the released updates including the new 6.13
I believe the updates are cumulative so if ,like me you were way back on 6.5 the 6.13 will bring you right up to date.
I downloaded and ran 6.13 ( Windows) it worked fine ... so far !

So ignore still very confusing update via the actual programme and go straight to above is my advice .

I just installed the 6.13 update both on my desktop and laptop from the Help > Updates... menu in Lightroom. Worked OK both times.

Well my LR v6.12 Perpetual doesnt offer me the update from the Help > Updates.
Via the Adobe Creative Cloud Updater it shows that I have LR Classic CC installed.... (interesting - not to my knowledge!!).
Also I would prefer to get the link directly.

This page does not offer a link to the 6.13 download for either Windows or Mac.

This page provides information but no download link.
Lightroom 6.13 now available

Last edited:
As per my earlier post with same link in your post jknights ( in your post the first of the 2 links )
If you go down to where there is s little blue right pointing arrow head next to Adobe Lightroom 6 , click on the arrow head and in the section that opens are links to orig install files plus all the updates.

As per my earlier post with same link in your post jknights ( in your post the first of the 2 links )
If you go down to where there is s little blue right pointing arrow head next to Adobe Lightroom 6 , click on the arrow head and in the section that opens are links to orig install files plus all the updates.
Thanks Keith.

Are you saying that the All Languages Installer is the v6.13?
That is really poor labelling for the final LR v6.13 product. Adobe really are trying to be obtuse/difficult!!

Seeing that but when I click on it I only get this.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-10-27 at 14.58.20.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-10-27 at 14.58.20.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 497
Nope the All Languages Installer is the original install file ie if you'd bought a DVD or done a download years ago , further down are the updates in sequence for Mac and Windows.
The original install files are there because some people with perpetual licenses followed the Help - Update route and ended up with a trial of Lightroom Classic 'replacing' their LR6 , only way back is to reinstall LR6 from scratch , then update it.
Can't explain how RoyReed went what should be the preferred route all ok and others who did that came a cropper.
So if you have LR 6.12 installed all you'd need to do is download and the run the listed 6.13 Update.
That is what I did.
That said I dont think there is much to the 6.13 over the 6.12 . I went from 6.5 to 6.13 and got some useful extras ( I think ).
Unless the 6.13 has something you actually want you might best to leave it be.
And indeed to add to the fun my previously working fine LR6 has now started to not open again, ho hum.
As and when Serif Affinity progresses I may well be off ...

Tried the above and not seeing 6.13 anywhere on the site except the CC version. I have the non subscription (disk) loaded on my laptop and desktop. The Help update got me 6.13 on the laptop yesterday but the desktop shows 6.12 as the latest update and on the site same. I do need the update as the Nikon D850 has been included with the update. Any suggestions? Just signed up to forum.

Goodness me Dave Merrow, lord knows what Adobe are up to , or I'm going crazy, this the link I followed this morning as prompted vy ViC Bamptons latest blog post.

In the list as described above and copied here
> If you go down to where there is s little blue right pointing arrow head next to Adobe Lightroom 6 , click on the arrow head and in the section that opens are links to orig install files plus all the updates.

was the Windows 6.13 , I downloaded the file ,it is on my hard drive, I ran it and my LR6 is now shown as 6.13 . Just verified both thise facts

Just reclicked on the link and the the list ends at 6.12 - no more 6.13 !!!!
Adobe have removed it , why ? I have no idea .
It may be that they have now fixed the Help_Update route , which would explain RoyReed's success ?

I just tried Help button in case they had fixed-nope. But you may be right that Adobe is doing some work on it so will cool my jets and try on the weekend. It's clear that the Standalone version is on the way of the dinosaur sadly.

I just tried Help button in case they had fixed-nope. But you may be right that Adobe is doing some work on it so will cool my jets and try on the weekend. It's clear that the Standalone version is on the way of the dinosaur sadly.

@RikkFlohr

Excellent example of how Adobe has lost control of the narrative, per my other post. People are ascribing various motives to Adobe, when the real explanation may have been a rushed update that wasn't tested enough. If Adobe still had control of the narrative, people would have been much more forgiving.

Phil

Phil I agree.
Sad thing is the main nuts and bolts of LR suit my needs better than anything else and I'd happily buy an upgrade every 2 or 3 years IF it had something additional I needed.

Goodness me Dave Merrow, lord knows what Adobe are up to , or I'm going crazy, this the link I followed this morning as prompted vy ViC Bamptons latest blog post.

> If you go down to where there is s little blue right pointing arrow head next to Adobe Lightroom 6 , click on the arrow head and in the section that opens are links to orig install files plus all the updates.

was the Windows 6.13 , I downloaded the file ,it is on my hard drive, I ran it and my LR6 is now shown as 6.13 . Just verified both thise facts

It may be that they have now fixed the Help_Update route , which would explain RoyReed's success ?

Mmmm So what has happened to the 6.13 Update ?????

Thanks for confirming that I wasnt going mad!

Been having a poor technology week (three punctures on same car tyre, Drobo B800 (16TB RAID unit) gone belly up - wont attach to any machine, MacMini Server i7 2.3GHz 4 core 16GB RAM (2012) damaged by lightning strike.

OK there seems to be two pages that are near identical one has the 6.13 download and the other does not.

This one offers the v6.13 updater.

On the page click the right arrow that opens the list of updaters.
Choose Mac or Windows flavours of v6.13 updaters.

Direct update did not work and showed an error.
I uninstalled and reinstalled v6.0 then updated to 6.13 without any issues. All preferences and presets etc were handled well.
Now I need to test with my Nikon D850 images and Fuji XT2.

Last edited:
Well found Jknights, I just looked at the urls for the apparently same link , the one that only has the updates to 6.12 has /uk/ in the link !

OK there seems to be two pages that are near identical one has the 6.13 download and the other does not.

This one offers the v6.13 updater.

On the page click the right arrow that opens the list of updaters.
Choose Mac or Windows flavours of v6.13 updaters.

Direct update did not work and showed an error.
I uninstalled and reinstalled v6.0 then updated to 6.13 without any issues. All preferences and presets etc were handled well.
Now I need to test with my Nikon D850 images and Fuji XT2.
I used the direct download for just the patch. However, the installer activating the Adobe CC software manager, which ignored my download (almost 400 MB) and proceeded to download the patch files all over again. Did I do something wrong? Question for the benefit of those who have not yet installed 6.13.

Phil

Hallelujah! 6.13 was there and downloaded without a hitch. Many thanks. Will test the 850 tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back