• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Print module 5x7 print perfect on screen but prints zoomed in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squeezy

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom version: 6.14 [ 1149743 ]
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I have been printing some super prints on A4 photo paper no problem but now I am trying to print 5 x7
All settings I can find for the printer (Canon TS8150) show 5 x 7 and I am using the default 5 x 7 template.
Looks great on screen with white borders and when I select print the preview popup looks perfect. Select Print and it prints to both sides of paper and part of the print sides are missing as if is zoomed. Tried various settings but canot fix this.

Help please
Dave

I have been printing some super prints on A4 photo paper no problem but now I am trying to print 5 x7
All settings I can find for the printer (Canon TS8150) show 5 x 7 and I am using the default 5 x 7 template.
Looks great on screen with white borders and when I select print the preview popup looks perfect. Select Print and it prints to both sides of paper and part of the print sides are missing as if is zoomed. Tried various settings but canot fix this.

Help please
Dave
I have just been measuring the results and it looks as if it is actually printing to the size I was using before on A4 ^papaer and print size set to 15 x 20
Yet all settings I can find are set to 5 x 7

I suggest you ignore the default templates- they are ALL for A4 or 'Letter' size papers. Even the 5x7 is for a 5x7 'cell' on A4 paper.
Set you own paper size in the [Page Setup] printer dialog, and save your own template for the 5x7 paper.

Hi, thanks for this info. I am tring to set this up and first in the Cells part I set Clear Layout. Then I ensure the Pinter setiup is correct. Tha=en back to the cells and select 5 x 7 and it puts a small cell at the top of the pge althought the page title is 5 x 7. It seems it is still remembering the A4; Still confused.
Dave

This is unbelievable. I have tried every setting possible and it still overfills the page.
But to make it even more confusing I have tried to print the exported file in Photoshop, and all looks perfet and centered etc , but the print is exactly the same, overfilling the page and the image is too big..................
dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back