• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

5.2 Official; Will it ever be released?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatrickC

I purchased the Lightroom 5 upgrade but I have held off from installing it because of worries over the functionality of 5.0. Instead I decided to wait for the official release of 5.2, but I seem to have been waiting a very long time.

This worries me, since it indicates that there might be some pretty fundamental issues with 5.0, which 5.2RC either hasn't resolved or has replaced with new issues. This extended period of 'user testing' might indicate that there is a pretty substantial re-write going on.

This makes me even more reluctant to move to LR5. I upgraded to Windows 8 and added an SSD to accommodate LR5, so the delay is a little frustrating.

Does anyone have any information about what is going on?

Patrick Cunningham

Patrick, the product is being extensively tested to meet your rigorous demands and to ensure that your new software and hardware will work seamlessly with Lightroom. I believe that within the next two weeks has been mentioned in blogs.

I too, bought LR5 and then bought a new Win8 PC to run it more efficiently. I've got it installed and am happy, but still waiting for LR5.2.

I have Fuji X cameras and so am hoping that LR 5.2 has solid RAW processing for the X-Trans processor for the Fuji X line.
Does anyone have any information on that?
Dave

I seem to remember from one poster on the Adobe forums that the date is now September 19th.

I saw a post on Terry White's Tech Blog that it should be out in a couple of weeks so sometime in September should be about right.

I too, bought LR5 and then bought a new Win8 PC to run it more efficiently. I've got it installed and am happy, but still waiting for LR5.2.

I have Fuji X cameras and so am hoping that LR 5.2 has solid RAW processing for the X-Trans processor for the Fuji X line.
Does anyone have any information on that?
Dave

Lightroom 4.4 fixed the X-Trans issues. Adobe worked directly with Fuji, I don't believe there are any new changes planned.

I noticed Adobe said you can subscribe to LR5.2 from Sept 17th (along with PS CC). Reading between the lines id say this is when we will get the final 5.2 release.
I really hope Adobe have sorted out the bugs in the Publish service as they are still driving me nuts, even in the RC that was supposed to address these issues.

What bugs in Publish Dave are still affecting you??

I noticed Adobe said you can subscribe to LR5.2 from Sept 17th (along with PS CC). Reading between the lines id say this is when we will get the final 5.2 release.
I really hope Adobe have sorted out the bugs in the Publish service as they are still driving me nuts, even in the RC that was supposed to address these issues.

ditto that. Kiwi - Lightroom to FB doesn't work for me. *sigh*

Have you tried Jeffrey Friedl's FB plug in Katherine?? It works fine.

Haven't tried it Kiwi. I will looks for it ... thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back