Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
LR Classic Release 10.2
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
A recent change to use of a 4K monitor, along with a new desktop PC, lets me run the latest Win10 versions of LR and PS. (My previous PC was Win7 to a 2560 X 1600 screen). A number of LR and Photoshop issues have emerged. This post is about the User Interface and how to scale it to avoid its tiny screen fonts and the consequent squinting to see 'em.

In the Preferences Interface dialogue for LR, I can't see any means to rescale the UI fonts. In Photoshop Preferences Interface dialogue there's a choice of small, medium or large UI fonts - but "large" is still too too small on a 4K screen.

I've tried changing the Photoshop and LR program compatibility settings via their Windows Properties, to use "system" rather than "program" as the source of font scaling, which is supposed to pick up the (successful) font upscaling I've set in Windows .... but this doesn't seem to work either.

Can anyone tell me if there's a method for successfully scaling up the UI fonts in LR or PS and, if so, what that method is?

Thanks in anticipation for any advice or information you can give.

l you that there are 3 places in Windows system settings to adjust the size of the fonts displayed to get the optimum pixels size for images without have tiny fonts.
However, I am too far from being a current windows user to explicitly tell you how to go about it. Windows has not made the transition to HiDPI screens well or easy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for your replies, all.

Windows was already set to "PC Settings/System/Display - Scale and Layout set to 150% (Recommended)" - one of the first things I did when setting up the PC. Both LR and Photoshop text/icons were still much too small.

I have discovered (staring me in the face all the time) the LR interface setting to increase the size of the display fonts et al: Preferences/Interface/Font size - large (150%).

However, despite finding the Preferences/Interface setting that will supposedly increase the Photoshop font/icon size, then applying it ..... nothing changes. There's a "UI font size" box with options: tiny, small, medium, large. It was on medium but setting it to large made no real difference.

Another Photoshop method to increase the display font was found on the web: open the Windows Properties dialogue for Photoshop.exe, select the Compatability" tab and click on the "Change High DPI Settings" box then choose "system" rather than "Application"in the options-box at the bottom of the resultant dialogue box. This doesn't change anything in the Photoshop display either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back