• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • The May 2019 Lightroom updates are now available. There's a brand new slider called Texture, available across the whole family of apps. Lightroom Classic includes a new tool called Flat Field Correction. Lightroom (cloud-based service) has lots of big improvements including cloud trash, invitation-only web galleries, improved chromatic aberration removal and more. The Missing FAQ and Edit Like a Pro eBooks are already updated for the changes. You'll also notice the CC's have disappeared off the end of the names, so we've updated the forum names to match.

3 monitors on MacPro, LR is jumping around

erlingmmoe

Lightroom Version
Last
Operating System
macOS 10.14 Mojave
Hi,

I have a set-up with 3 monitors on a Mac Pro 2013. I would like to lock the main LR window to the center monitor, but is is jumping around, depending on what else I do, rather unpredictably. When it is on my left monitor, it fills the whole screen so I cannot move it, I have to restart LR. It seems to have gotten worse with Mojave.
Is there a way to lock the LR main window to a specific monitor?

Johan Elzenga

Lightroom Guru
Staff member
Lightroom Guru
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Classic 7
If Lightroom locks on a certain screen, it is running in Full Screen mode on that monitor. Hovering the cursor over the top edge pf the screen should reveal the menu, where you can select 'Window - Screen Mode - Normal. Or press Cmd-Option-N.

This is a long standing problem with Lightroom running on a system with more than two monitors. I don't think there is a way to really lock Lightroom to one of the screens.