• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • The May 2019 Lightroom updates are now available. There's a brand new slider called Texture, available across the whole family of apps. Lightroom Classic includes a new tool called Flat Field Correction. Lightroom (cloud-based service) has lots of big improvements including cloud trash, invitation-only web galleries, improved chromatic aberration removal and more. The Missing FAQ and Edit Like a Pro eBooks are already updated for the changes. You'll also notice the CC's have disappeared off the end of the names, so we've updated the forum names to match.

3 Monitors... 2nd display on wrong monitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaitlyn2004

So I have 2 graphics cards and 3 outputs...

From left to right:
1) Monitor 1 via DVI, card #1
2) Monitor 2 via DVI, card #2
3) TV via HDMI, card #1

EDIT: Oops!!! It's actually:
1) Monitor 1 via DVI, card #1
2) Monitor 2 via DVI, card #2
3) TV via HDMI, card #2

When I press the 2nd monitor icon it goes to the TV display. Any way to get it to go to #2?

clee01l

Staff member
Lightroom Guru
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Classic 8
Lightroom does not know what to do with 3 monitors. But first, I need some more information.
In the Windows Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Display\Screen Resolution applet, Do your monitors come up as 1,2,3 (L-R) when you press the identify button?
Of the monitors Identified by windows as 1, 2, or 3 using the identify button, which is designated as the 'Main Display' (i.e. the one that shows the taskbar)? And which monitor does LR open in?

For me, My main monitor is the center monitor, designated by Windows as #2. Lightroom opens in this monitor and the second monitor option opens in #1 (on the left of the center) and not where I want it which is on #3 (located on my second adapter and to the right of #2). The best I am able to do is make the 2nd LR monitor less than full screen after it opens and drag it to the monitor I want and expand it to full screen on that monitor.

clee01l

Staff member
Lightroom Guru
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Classic 8
[quote author=kaitlyn2''4 link=topic=8249.msg56'39#msg56'39 date=1256959'28]
I had an error in my listing in the OP.

When I click Identify, I get (from L-R):
1, 3, 2
[/quote]Now that this is clarified, which one is designated as your main monitor and which one does LR open in? Just to make sure I am straight, the TV via HDMI, card #2
is monitor ID#2

Brad Snyder

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Get used to it, I've been whining about this since the first day they enabled the feature. I think it works better on Macs.

The way I work around it, is to use unmaximized windows, which I drag to the monitor I want, and then drag as large as possible without clicking the maximize icon. Haven't experimented for several dot versions 2.x, nor with 3.'beta, so I don't know if anything's changed, since.

Edit: on re-reading Cletus' post in more detail, I see he says more or less the same thing. Sorry for the duplication.

Status
Not open for further replies.