• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom 6 questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom 6 - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. When you upgrade to subscription, there's also a Lightroom Classic version available.

3.2 RC Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

sizzlingbadger

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
I found a couple of issues with LR 3.2 today. I'm using Nik plugins which I have just purchased. When I save the Tiff (16bit) from Nik and return to LR I see 2 issues.

1) The thumbnail & preview for the image is not updated. If I select the image in Dev it looks ok and has the Nik changes applied. When I go to Lib module it reverts to the original. Updating standard previews does not help, I have to render a 1:1 preview to fix it.

2) The image is constantly reloading making it difficult to apply any further edits in LR itself. I have to restart LR to fix this. This is an old bug I have seen in version 2 at times, it seems quite random.

Update:

I have narrowed it down a bit further. If you edit the image from the Dev module it is ok. If you edit from the Lib then it causes the previews to stick with the originals.

b_gossweiler

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Nik,

I cannot reproduce what you're reporting.

I'm running LR3.2RC on a WinXP SP3 plattform, with only Viveza2 of the Nik products as an external editor.

Upon return from Viveza, I see the updated thumbnail within '.5-1.' seconds in Grid and filmstrip, as well as a stable standard size preview and a stable photo in Develop.

I guess must be something plattform (or system) specific.

I attach 2 screenshots of my thumbnails right after coming back from Viveza2 (without touching anything) as well as my external edit settings vor Viveza2.

Beat

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Nik, put the official report in. I thought that bug, or one related, was fixed, but it'd be a good double check.

sizzlingbadger

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Will do, I don't see the preview issue with PS CS4 just Nik plugins. I need to do some more testing, may get time tomorrow.

sizzlingbadger

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Looks like a Nik issue as it happens with Aperture too, although just the thumbnail in Aperture as it doesn't have a Dev / Lib module to switch into.

Status
Not open for further replies.