• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

2nd Monitor - picture disappears when click on 3rd screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terry Hewitt

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Operating System: Windows 10 (FallCreators edition)
Lightroom Version 7.0.1

I have 3 screens.

Screen 1: holds the LR Classic library view
Screen 2: is used as the LR Classic 2nd monitor and displays an image full screen.
Screen 3: holds a Microsoft Word document

Using Screen 1 I can select and image from the grid view and that appears full screen on Screen 2.
So far so good.
Now I click in the Word document in Screen 3 - to type some comments about the image, and
the image on Screen 2 disappears and displays the desktop.

Screen 1 is unaffected.

Anyone know how I can force Ligthroom to keep the 2nd Screen displaying an image when I change the focus window?

Best wishes
Terry

This is expected behavior. Lightroom only uses the second screen when it is in focus. When you click on the document on the third screen, the focus changes to MS Word, and so Lightroom releases the second screen.

Johan,

Thanks for that. It's a feature then not a bug!

Is there any way to get Lightroom to change its behaviour.

Best wishes
Terry

Johan,

Thanks for that. It's a feature then not a bug!

Is there any way to get Lightroom to change its behaviour.

Best wishes
Terry
I think this is a Windows behavior and has nothing to do with LR. I don't have a third monitor on my Mac, but I do have several desktops open on the two that I have. If LR is running on Desktop 1(monitor 1) and the Second Display is on Desktop2 (Monitor 2) If I switch to another app on Desktop 3 (monitor 1) (i.e switch focus away from the LR app) The monitor 2 reverts to an empty desktop background. So this same windowing behavior exists in the MacOS programming interface.

Thanks for your input. As you say it's a feature of the underlying windowing system. I'll look into that. I have seen something that enables changing the focus without the window coming to the top.
If I find it again l'll post it here.

Best wishes
Terry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back