2.2 update disc burning disabled

Status
Not open for further replies.

amazz

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Hi,
Just installed 2.2 update, seems okay except when exporting jpegs to disc, get the message "Disc burning is not supported by Lightroom on this computer. It has been disabled." This was not an issue with 2.1, nothing changed or installed, just the update.

Art

Are you sure you haven't installed the Windows 64bit version? There is a known limitation on burning with that version.

Strange as your signature say that you are on 32 bits and the ReadMe file that came with 2.2 say the following:

General Program Notes
Known Issues
• Burning exported images to disc is not available for the Lightroom 64-bit Windows application.

The 32bit version was installed, don't have 64bit vista. Is there somewhere to check this, really a mac person, which also had the 2.2 update and export to disc burning is available. All edits are done on the pc, export jpegs to disc and print to an epson 788' from the mac. Sorry for not answering sooner, but start work at 6am.

Art

I am getting the same error. I'm running 32-bit XP SP3. The disc burning feature was working fine until I did the 2.2 upgrade.

I suggest that you both report the bug to Adobe then. You will find a link to their report form top of this page at center of the blue line. Specify you are on Win32...

And welcome to the forums Jorge!

Same problem here - i don't use this feature but thought I'd have a look and sure enough, it's 'disabled' ???

Just to confirm, Vista home premium sp1 32bit, found the info. There are other ways to get jpegs for printing, but why jump thru hoops because of poor coding. If I were a pro sending to a lab, I would not be happy.

Art

This problem also affects me. I am on 32bit Vista and LR 2.2. The export message says "it can't be done because.." and the rest of the message disappears. See attached (I hope).

Update to my post.
I downloaded the installer again, and when prompted had it 'fix' the install. It decided to re-install, and now the option is available! :cheesy:

Hope this helps!

Great to hear!!!

Thanks, Denis!

I'll report the bug to Adobe. I also have a couple of other systems I can test on to make sure I give them enough info.

I've updated my signature per the forum recommendations. I look forward to sharing info with all of you!

Filled out the bug report and got a response from Adobe asking to check for the 64bit, the os is 32bit.

Did redownload the update to "repair", did not work until I manually selected the 32bit update. It appears that both the 32bit and 64bit.exe are downloaded. Disc burning is now enabled.

Art

I have a Vista Laptop and a Vista Desktop. Reloading the laptop fixed the disk burning problem of LR 2.2 but reloading did not fix the desktop. Does anyone have another suggestion?

Thanks,
Bill

Boy, it sure sounds like for some reason Lightroom was installing the 64 bit version on your 32 bit system. When you did the installer again, it seems to have 'fixed' the problem by reinstalling the 32 bit version...

I concur. I had to reinstall (XP 32-bit), but this time, instead of letting the installer automatically choose which to install, I went to the folder and clicked on the 32-bit program, clicked repair, and voila, burning works perfectly. Thanks to everyone for the tip.

Mark

Uninstalling and reinstalling seems to fix the issue.

Can I re-install over the existing installation? Will I need both my serial numbers (version 1.x and 2.x) to accomplish this task?

I'm out of town for the week and only have the v. 2.x serial number with me. If I'll need both numbers I'll need to wait until next week to do this re-install.

I had to manually select the 32bit installer to repair the Lr 2.2 installation so that disk burning is enabled. Apparently the 64bit version installed on my system rather than the 32bit version. Could that be because I have 4 gig ram installed? I do not have 64-bit Vista.

You *shouldn't* need the serial numbers at all Tom, but I'd hate for your to be stuck without LR access.

Thanks, Victoria. You are right, as usual, I didn't need the serial numbers at all. But I did need to manually click on the 32bit installer rather than use the generic Lightroom 2 installer which apparently chooses whether to install 32 or 64 bit versions of Lr.

I think I have it repaired now. Hope nothing else was "broken" in the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back