2.0 Beta Invitation Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jrrrrr15

trial period expired

Anyone have a serial number i could use. I'm a beginner at Lightroom and had my trial expire. Love lightroom and want to continue to use the program.

Any help is much appreciated!

Hang on guys, we're in the beta 2 board, I don't think that's quite what he meant.

Jrrrrr15, do you mean you need someone to drop you an invitation to the extended 2.' beta period, so that you can continue using the beta until it's released and you can buy it properly? If so, drop me a PM with your email address and I'll get one sent over.

Hang on guys, we're in the beta 2 board, I don't think that's quite what he meant.

Jrrrrr15, do you mean you need someone to drop you an invitation to the extended 2.' beta period, so that you can continue using the beta until it's released and you can buy it properly? If so, drop me a PM with your email address and I'll get one sent over.

Thats exactly what I'm looking for. Since I'm new to Lightroom i would love to continue to use the beta version and then purchase 2.' when its released later this year. Any help is much appreciated!

No worries, it's on its way.

Victoria, you are a gem. TTG, I do take your point. I think it was easy to misunderstand.

TG, I do take your point. I think it was easy to misunderstand.

Another member had also misunderstood and replied (and then deleted) too. It's very easily done! With so much hacking and serial sharing around these days, we automatically tend to assume. I'd have done the same, but I've been sending out invitations left, right and centre, so it was on my mind already.

Hi, I am also looking for an extended beta key, I tried out both Lightroom and Aperture in early versions and couldn't decide but the Lightroom 2 beta has won me over. Yet... I am a student and I don't want to purchase Lightroom 1 when I know Lightroom 2 is just around the corner. Can anyone help me out with an extended beta key to help me make it through the summer!
Thanks so much.

All done Patrick, check your inbox.

Victoria, my time with my beta version has also expired and I am looking to purchase when it is released. Would you be able to help me out also? I would so appreciate it!

Carrie

My pleasure Carrie, on its way.

Hi Victoria, I am new to this forum, but have been using LR different versions and presently 1.4 , How do i get the v 2 on beta??

Thanks, Paul S

Hi Victoria. I'm hoping I am not one too many. I, too, don't want to get v1.4 when 2 is due soon. Would you mind extending a beta invitation?

Thanks!!

Pedro.

Nice one Brad.

I didn't realize that LR Beta 2 had an expiry date.:oops:

I haven't touched LR 1.41 since the beta was announced and I don't know how I'd get along without the new version if it expired. Buy the new one when it comes out? That's a no-brainer - it's become essential to me.

How long does the Beta run until expiry? It seems to have been installed 28 March 2''8.

One other question (I should probably know) - without going through the time-consuming process of Importing every one of 1',''' files, how can I easily get the ones presently in 1.41 into Beta 2?

Glenn

If you have a license for 1.4.1, that code will allow you to use the 2.' beta until the end of August. They'll either release another beta at that stage or the proper upgrade - the latter being my best guess.

When 2.' is released properly, all of your 1.4.1 catalogs will upgrade nicely to 2.', so I wouldn't suggest doing it at the moment.

Glenn the following is copied from the read me notes from Adobe re the LR 2.' "Beta"Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom® 2.' beta Release Notes. Proceed to use the "Beta" with due caution.

Quote "Welcome to Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom® 2.' beta. This document contains late-breaking product
information, feature notes, and troubleshooting tips not covered in the Lightroom documentation.
Minimum System Requirements
Installing Lightroom 2.' beta
Serial Numbers
General Program Notes
New in Lightroom 2.' beta
Working with Lightroom 2.' beta and Adobe Photoshop Camera Raw
Other Resources
IMPORTANT NOTES, PLEASE READ
Primary Known Issues
• Lightroom 2.' beta will not upgrade Lightroom 1.x libraries. The beta is intended to be used for
testing and feedback purposes. Lightroom 1.x and 2.' beta libraries will be migrated to the finished
version of Lightroom 2.'.
• While data loss is not expected, this is a very early ‘beta’ quality build and you should always work on
duplicates of files that are securely backed up.
• Lightroom 2 beta will not overwrite or interfere with a machine that currently has Lightroom 1.3.1
installed.
• Develop settings applied in Lightroom 2.' beta are not guaranteed to transfer correctly to the
final version of 2.'. This is particularly true for localized corrections.
• The new Photoshop integration functionality is only available with Photoshop CS3 (1'.'.1) and should
only be used for testing purposes. Metadata associated with the original file may not carry over to the
subsequent file saved from Photoshop
• Additional known issues are listed below." end quote.

Victoria and Denis:

Thanks for the replies.

I read the fine print when I installed B 2.'.

Beta trial period expired

Hi could anyone help me with an invite for Lightroom 2 Beta? I want to buy the full program, but I assume that if I purchase it now it will be an expensive upgrade to version 2?

Thanks - Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back