• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • It's Lightroom update time again and there's some big feature improvements as well as new lenses and bug fixes! See this blog post for Lightroom Classic and this blog post for the Lightroom Cloud Ecosystem changes.

11.4 catalog issue

mceaston

Lightroom Version
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I updated my version of LR to 11.4 and the first thing that happened was a conversion of my catalog to v11. I soon discovered that this catalog was missing the most recent entries . Nothing after 2020 was there. Somehow it was based on an earlier catalog than the one I have been using. I closed it and then was able to reopen LR with the latest v10-11.lrcat . I'm wondering what to do going forward. Can I keep using this presumably older catalog format of v10-v11 or do I have to find a way to get a v11.lrcat that is based on my latest v10-v11.lrcat ?

Lightroom Experience
Power User
It sounds like you're being misled by the name, which shows a catalogue named v10 which has been upgraded by LR11 and renamed accordingly. If v10-11.lrcat is open in Lr11.4, then it's a v11 catalogue.

I would rename your v10-11.lrcat to something meaningful like mceaston master v11.lrcat. My guess is that you in fact did something similar before when you upgraded to v10, as that v10 would also have been initially named {Pre v10 Catalogue Name}-[v10].lrcat.

mceaston

Maybe so but I don't understand why initially LR11.4 created v11.lcat when I first opened it and this new catalog was out of date. Later I was able to open with LR11.4 using the .lcat that I had been using with v10.