• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Catalogs Drive that has no photos and no folders (in the catalog) is still visible in the Folders panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

filiplaw

Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic version 12.3
Operating System
  1. Windows 11
Hello everyone,
I have an annoying little issue with the Folders panel in LR Classic. I keep all my photos on drive D, but I used to also have some on drive C. Some time ago I consolidated everything to drive D and I removed the folder on drive C from the catalog (with right click > remove) and it was also deleted from disk, as it was empty.
Since then, the C drive keeps appearing in the Folders panel inside Library module. It shows 0 photos and there is no folder listed under it - as far as LR catalog is concerned, this is an empty drive. The only way I found to remove it, is to add a folder with some photos from drive C to the catalog, then remove it. The drive then disappears from the list temporarily. Unfortunately it comes back after restarting Lightroom.
Any suggestions how to get rid of it for good? I tried searching on google and this forum but haven't found any post abut this exact issue.

1685462430828.png

Thanks for the reply Johan! Unfortunately that did not help. After resetting the preferences the drive is still on the list. Tried adding a folder and removing it, in hopes it will stick after the reset but no luck, it came right back after LR restart.

I would run the missing file report for all files and see what turns up.... maybe something in a collection.

Is the catalog itself on the C drive? If so then the previews are there which may be a factor. Another factor may be that you have an old folder on the C drive specified as the destination for for images synced from the Adobe cloud even if that folder does not exist if you don't use Adobe Cloud or ever sync.

Is the catalog itself on the C drive? If so then the previews are there which may be a factor. Another factor may be that you have an old folder on the C drive specified as the destination for for images synced from the Adobe cloud even if that folder does not exist if you don't use Adobe Cloud or ever sync.
Good ideas. The catalog is on D drive, but there was the "Creative Cloud Files" folder on drive C. The folder was empty but just to be sure I opened the Creative Cloud program and changed the location of this folder to drive D. I then repeated the "add a folder from drive C to catalog and remove it" operation to make C drive disappear from the Folders list. Unfortunately after restarting LR it popped back up on the list.
Such a pesky thing and it seems like it's not easy to solve. Maybe I just have to live with it...

@filiplaw Said: ..... The folder was empty but just to be sure I opened the Creative Cloud program and changed the location of this folder to drive D.
I was actually referring to the Lr Cloud sync setting in LrC rather than in Creative Cloud App. In LrC go to the Lightroom Sync tab in the Preferences. Then about half way down check the path in the "location" section.

I also assume you've tried right clicking on the drive header for the "C" drive in the Folders Panel and checking for a "Remove" option in the context menu.

I was actually referring to the Lr Cloud sync setting in LrC rather than in Creative Cloud App. In LrC go to the Lightroom Sync tab in the Preferences. Then about half way down check the path in the "location" section.
Ah, got it. I misunderstood earlier. I have now changed that one to drive D as well, but it didn't help with the issue. Thanks for the tip though, it was convenient for me to change it anyway, I always thought it was the same as the "Creative Cloud Files".
I also assume you've tried right clicking on the drive header for the "C" drive in the Folders Panel and checking for a "Remove" option in the context menu.
Yeah, there's no option to remove a whole drive, only folders.

No worries. Thank you for giving so many ideas! I guess I'll leave it be for now, it's not a big issue, I just thought maybe there was a simple explanation. Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back