• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

LrCC Migration to LrClassic Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

g2iSite

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic 12.2.1
Operating System
  1. macOS 13 Ventura
Hi,

I'm moving back to LRclassic from cc, and am following the Adobe guidance to do so via classic sync, but am not getting all my photos migrated... only about 50%... adobe support has been unable to solve this for me. can someone help me with how to restart the migration sync, or provide any other suggestions... been trying to do this for about a week now... :(

There is no formal migration procedure for moving from Lightroom to Lightroom Classic, so exactly how are you doing this (there are 3 different methods you could use, so need to understand which one you are using).

Thanks for your quick reply, Jim... really appreciate it...

The method I'm using is simply to open classic, and click sync.

OK. Is the sync download still progressing, or do you think it has completed? What are the respective totals of "All Photos" in the Lightroom desktop app and "All Synced Photographs" in the LrClassic catalog panel?

sync is still progressing. classic all photos is currently roughly 15k with 10k remaining (from the cloud upper right menu), and 57k in CC

I did move some folders in classic earlier in the sync process... might this have messed up the sync?

If you moved the folders within Classic that shouldn't matter, though I'd have left things alone until the download has finished. Don't read too much into the current totals, wait until the sync download has finished and review the situation at that time.

Yes, I agree that I shouldn’t have moved the folders. Ok, I’ll wait and see how it looks when it’s finished. Thanks Jim!

Hi @Jim Wilde , unfortunately the migration sync is not proceeding. It's having at just about 10k remaining... Help! :)

Shut down all apps, reboot the system, then start LrC again to see if it restarts syncing. If it doesn't, can you post a couple of screenshots please:

1. The Catalog Panel in LrC
2. Using a browser, login to lightroom.adobe.com (using the same Adobe ID that you use for LrC) then post a screenshot of the left-hand column showing All Photos and the albums below that.

Question....was this a new LrC catalog that you created especially for this reverse migration, or are you using an older catalog?

will do- but first, quick question- I've moved my plan from LrCC+1TB to Lightroom Photography+20GB (Because all I want is Classic and don't want to have to pay 2x for a single app, but this is not offered. so, could this stall be because although it still shows 1TB in the sync window, it won't allow me to access to it for the migration?

I really don't know. I do know that after cancelling a subscription the user has a 12 month period to access and download the images from the cloud, but whether that includes LrC access to anything over that 20GB is unknown. I would have thought it would be OK, but can't say for certain.

Do the screenshots and answer the other question and we'll go from there.

Hi Jim,

I've attached the screenshots, as requested. I'm just syncing... I've not created a migration catalog. Is that another/correct/better way?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-03-27 at 6.16.32 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-27 at 6.16.32 PM.png
    412.1 KB · Views: 71
  • Screenshot 2023-03-27 at 6.01.47 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-27 at 6.01.47 PM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 63
Those screenshots seem quite normal to me, but are you saying that the numbers are no longer changing?

"I'm just syncing"....what are you just syncing? I'm trying to establish if the Classic catalog that you are currently syncing was previously synced with the cloud, or was it a new catalog created expressly for the purpose of doing the reverse migration?

The screenshot of the preferences....can I see if the Location options on that Lightroom Sync tab are checked or unchecked?

And how much free space do you currently have on the system drive?

Just received a "you're out of storage, please buy some more..." (reduced to 20GB). OK, so I upgraded my plan to 1TB, but am not at all. happy about that. If the migration doesn't complete in the next 24 hours, however, I will have to cancel my LR plan and move to C1 or DxO... I want to get back to using it rather than fixing it... :(

and I'm only doing this sync as I'm trying to migrate from LRcc to Classic, and this appears to be the recommended method.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back