• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Problem with LR/Mogify

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Pindar

Premium Classic Member
Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Following a recommendation on the Lightroom Mobile forum today, I've tried to install and use LR/Mogrify to add borders to my images.

I got both Image Magick and LR/Mogrify installed OK, and successfully exported two RAW images to JPG from my catalog (they were Canon .CR3 format), complete with a border as requested. So far, so good.

After that, all subsequent attempts to run the plugin on Export have failed, with a message as follows (I've altered the sections in square brackets):

mogrify: no encode delegate for this image format `CR3' @ error/constitute.c/WriteImage/1405.
The error occured when trying to run this command:
""C:\Program Files\ImageMagick-7.1.1-Q16-HDRI\magick.exe" mogrify -virtual-pixel mirror -resize "1588x1059!" -bordercolor "rgb(100.00%,100.00%,100.00%)" -background "rgb(100.00%,100.00%,100.00%)" -gravity northwest -extent 1588x1059 -border 6x6 -depth 16 -strip -type TrueColor "C:\Users\[folder]\[filename].cr3" 1> "C:\Users\[username]\Desktop\LRMogrify2_log.txt" 2>&1"

Any help appreciated, before I give up on the plugin. I've tried rebooting.

Solution
I don't know how you've managed it, but you've asked ImageMagick to output a .CR3 file. "No encode delegate for this image format" means "I don't know how to output this".

Almost certainly the image format in your Export settings is wrong - I think you might have selected Original rather than JPEG.
I don't know how you've managed it, but you've asked ImageMagick to output a .CR3 file. "No encode delegate for this image format" means "I don't know how to output this".

Almost certainly the image format in your Export settings is wrong - I think you might have selected Original rather than JPEG.

Solution

That was exactly it - no idea how that happened. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back