• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Short Cut to Increase Brush Size in Masking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul_DS256

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
LrC 12.1
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I'm use to using [ and ] to change the size of the brush but these change the ratings in Masking Brush. Victoria's shortcut list seems to say that [ & ] should change brush size. What am I missing. Thanks

[ and ] change brush size for me on Win 10. Is your shift lock toggled?

The mouse wheel also changes the size if you can't get brackets to work.

I ran a test and the "[" and"]" keys adjusted the rating when I created a new brush component and then use the keys before I clicked in the image. Once I clicked in the image then those keys control the brush size. But, nos I can't get it to behave that way anymore.

I just tried again and, of course the [ & ] and mouse wheel, are working. I'll have to wait till it happens again. The last time today when I was experience the the problem I think I was subtracting from a brush mask with a brush subtract.

Thanks all.

When I tried and and it altered the rating, I was adding a new Brush Mask. I then Added a second brush component to the same mask and it again adjusted rating till I had clicked in the image. Same on 3rd brush componend. I then create a new Brush Mask and it behaved correctly. Since then, even after shutting LrC down and reopening it again I could not get the bad behavior again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back