• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Watermark failed

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Missing Link

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I've been getting the "Watermark failed" error when exporting some (!) pictures. The behavior seems random as only a few pictures have the error where many other export normally.
I've seen that resetting all settings sometimes helps, but I've painstakingly found my settings and don't like to see them all disappear.
Is my behavior different from what others report (because it's only happening on a few photo's)? And are there ways to fix this without losing settings (or is there a way to re-import settings)?

Solution
Found this. May help. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84DcwYtaeOU

---
Edit by JRE: For those who hate chatty "solution" videos, I watched it just now so you don't have to:

- In the watermark editor, make a new text watermark with empty text and save it under a dummy name, e.g. "My Test".

- Restart LR.

- Exports with and without your existing watermarks should now succeed.
Check if your watermark is based on a jpg / png file, which may have been moved / deleted. You may have different export presets which may be using different embedded watermark image files.

Check if your watermark is based on a jpg / png file, which may have been moved / deleted. You may have different export presets which may be using different embedded watermark image files.

Alternatively, create a new watermark and see if that works. I would prefer to do that rather than reset settings.

As I said... for most pictures it works fine, only for some it does not. So it's not the jpg/png or the preset. And BTW, my watermark is text only. I also deleted and re-created it and if continued to fail on the same pictures... I know, it's weird

Found this. May help. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84DcwYtaeOU

---
Edit by JRE: For those who hate chatty "solution" videos, I watched it just now so you don't have to:

- In the watermark editor, make a new text watermark with empty text and save it under a dummy name, e.g. "My Test".

- Restart LR.

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
YES. Thank you so much. I did search with Google but didn't find this one. I have 12.1 Classic but it seems the bug wasn't fixed but at least this trick helped. :)

For those who hate chatty "solution" videos, I watched it just now so you don't have to:

- Restart LR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back