• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

LR Filling C Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cramden

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
5.x
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Just recently I have noticed my "c" drive has grown to a point where I am filling up the drive. Recently LR file has started adding data files. This has never appeared before. Have searched the forum and haven't found why this is happening and also if I am safe to delete these files. I have included a screen shot of the partial page. I am using 5.7.1 version.
Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    173.3 KB · Views: 103
These files created with the names "Temporary Imported Data..." are created during the import process. They are automatically deleted upon the successful completion of the import. If the import is stopped or the app crashed before the import completes, these file get left behind. It should be important to find out why these files are getting orphaned by the import process. Could this be due to user intervention?

Last edited:
These files created with the names "Temporary Imputed Data..." are created during the import process. They are automatically deleted upon the successful completion of the import. If the import is stopped or the app crashed before the import completes, these file get left behind. It should be important to find out why these files are getting orphaned by the import process. Could this be due to user intervention?
Almost all of these files are two years old...

Almost all of these files are two years old...
I noticed that but since there are so many, it is apparent that the import process is being interrupted before it can delete these files automatically. The most recent was in January 2022. Even though infrequently, this is not a bug but more likely a user error or other computer crash. I think it is important to find out why. I first noted this files many years ago when I was still using Windows. I determined that I could trace these back to times when I interrupted the import process. Stopped interrupting the import process and the files were removed as they should automatically.

I noticed that but since there are so many, it is apparent that the import process is being interrupted before it can delete these files automatically. The most recent was in January 2022. Even though infrequently, this is not a bug but more likely a user error or other computer crash. I think it is important to find out why. I first noted this files many years ago when I was still using Windows. I determined that I could trace these back to times when I interrupted the import process. Stopped interrupting the import process and the files were removed as they should automatically.
Thanks Clee01. Have been having issues with USB hub. Have now replaced it and am going to do another LR import. after all photo files are backed up. Will report back .

Thanks Clee01. Have been having issues with USB hub. Have now replaced it and am going to do another LR import. after all photo files are backed up. Will report back .
An intermittent connection to the USB Card reader would certainly interrupt the import process leaving the "Temporary Imported Data..." files. I think you may have found your problem.

An intermittent connection to the USB Card reader would certaiam good from there.nly interrupt the import process leaving the "Temporary Imported Data..." files. I think you may have found your problem.
Hello Cleetus. I replaced my USB hub. I also dug into the drives and discovered multiple LR downloads. Not sure how this happened but deleted all from my computer. Reloaded lightroom from original disc and placed on an external drive. Loaded most recent backup catalogue and everything seems to be fine with Lightroom. I keep multiple backups just in case. Only glitch now is when I first turn on computer and then turn on hub it is recognized by Device Manager but not by Disc Management. Either it doesn't load or takes about two to four minutes and then magically loads and is fine from that point on. I have a 7-hub unit with 6 hubs in use. I realize I may have to go to a computer forum for this, but any suggestions from anyone is well appreciated.

Hello Cleetus. I replaced my USB hub. I also dug into the drives and discovered multiple LR downloads. Not sure how this happened but deleted all from my computer. Reloaded lightroom from original disc and placed on an external drive. Loaded most recent backup catalogue and everything seems to be fine with Lightroom. I keep multiple backups just in case. Only glitch now is when I first turn on computer and then turn on hub it is recognized by Device Manager but not by Disc Management. Either it doesn't load or takes about two to four minutes and then magically loads and is fine from that point on. I have a 7-hub unit with 6 hubs in use. I realize I may have to go to a computer forum for this, but any suggestions from anyone is well appreciated.
P.S. I also regained half of me "C" Drive space back doing this.

Just an update. Things seem to be ok now. When hub is turned on I hear the computer make the connection, but it takes about 1-2 minutes to load. Thinking just the amount of content on the external drives. Thanks all for your assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back