• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Android LR mobile - album chronological sort order

Status
Not open for further replies.

prbimages

Lightroom Guru
Premium Classic Member
Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Android v8.1.2
Operating System
  1. Android
When I view albums in LR mobile Android (both phone and tablet), images show up in reverse chronological order, i.e. the newest image at the start and the oldest image at the end. The same albums in LR Web and in LR Classic are sorted in normal chronological order. In LR mobile I can change the sort order via the "three dots" dropdown menu, but the change is temporary and doesn't "stick" - the next time I view the album the image order is in reverse again. Is this how it works for everyone? Or am I missing something in how to set this up?

Based on all the sorting questions, I have to ask what am I missing?
The only time I pay attention to sort order is capture date when I am working on a group of images to process them in order and keep track of where I stopped last.

Tim

The only time I pay attention to sort order is capture date ...
Yes, capture date is exactly what I'm talking about. Who wants to review an album of vacation photos in reverse order? Or your cousin's wedding ceremony, backwards?

I can see the problem, but reversing the order seems to stick for a while (even when "soft" closing and opening the app). But if I force eject the app, then restart, the old order is back. That feels like a bug to me, I would think the order should stick to whatever the user sets.

Thanks Jim for confirming that it's not just me and that there's not an option somewhere that I'm missing. I see two issues:
  • The default order on Android is reverse chronological, when it should be normal chronological.
  • Changing the sort order doesn't "stick" after force-quitting the app.
I have a vague feeling that the sort order used to be "sticky" in the past - although I'm not 100% sure of that.

Thanks Jim for confirming that it's not just me and that there's not an option somewhere that I'm missing. I see two issues:
  • The default order on Android is reverse chronological, when it should be normal chronological.
  • Changing the sort order doesn't "stick" after force-quitting the app.
I have a vague feeling that the sort order used to be "sticky" in the past - although I'm not 100% sure of that.
It's probably worth putting in a bug report, using the link at the top of the forum page.

EDIT: I see that you already have!

Last edited:
I played around with it a bit myself. And none of the order changes seem to stick. I tried custom and file name, in addition to chronological, and none stick. Definitely an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back