• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Searchable IPTC fields?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssfilter1

Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Does anyone know where I can get a definitive list of what fields are searchable in LrC? I've searched around but haven't come up with it so far.

Editing old photos scanned into LrC I began using the Job Identifier field to hold the location code I use to find where the physical original is stored, and the Instructions field to hold miscellaneous information such as notes on the back of a print. I thought all IPTC fields were searchable, but I've just discovered these don't seem to be.

Dale

I don't know of any documentation, but in general, fields in the IPTC tagset are searchable via Searchable IPTC but fields in the IPTC Extension tagset are not. In my tests just now, both IPTC > Job Identifier and > Instructions were searchable:

1674958047534.png

1674958117892.png

I don't know of any documentation, but in general, fields in the IPTC tagset are searchable via Searchable IPTC but fields in the IPTC Extension tagset are not. In my tests just now, both IPTC > Job Identifier and > Instructions were searchable:

View attachment 20258
View attachment 20259
Thanks, John. After reading your message I tried it again this morning and it did work. So why didn't it work before? I surmise that I probably had Show Pictures in Subfolder turned off and didn't realize it. That gets me on rare occasions. I usually think of it, but if I'm hurried or frazzled I may forget. Your clarification about IPTC Core being searchable and IPTC extension not being searchable are very helpful. I tested and found surprisingly that the Negative Lab Pro fields were searchable. After Looking at the links Paul supplied above it appears your Any Filter would search the IPTC extensions as well which might be useful. I plan to take a closer look there.

Thanks for the comments.

Dale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back