Status
Not open for further replies.

marinephoto

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.13 High Sierra
I apparently forgot to change the date from 2022 to 2023 in my Nikon D700 on the first of the year. So when I uploaded images shot yesterday on 01/21/23 they were uploaded into LR with the time/date 01/21/22. Is there an easy way to change just the year in the file names of those 67 images?

Thanks!

Is there an easy way to change just the year in the file names of those 67 images?
Did you really mean that you only want to change the filename? Victoria's instructions are for correcting the actual image capture date/time, which is what most users would want to do. But if filename is what you want to change, then the assumption is that you are renaming on import to include the capture date, correct? In which case, correcting the filename only would be more difficult if the capture date is not first corrected.

So can you clarify your intentions, and if it is just filename only can you tell us what rename template you use during import?

Did you really mean that you only want to change the filename? Victoria's instructions are for correcting the actual image capture date/time, which is what most users would want to do. But if filename is what you want to change, then the assumption is that you are renaming on import to include the capture date, correct? In which case, correcting the filename only would be more difficult if the capture date is not first corrected.

So can you clarify your intentions, and if it is just filename only can you tell us what rename template you use during import?
Jim,
Sorry about the sloppy specs RE what I wanted to do. I used Victoria's directions to chance the capture date year. I then used the file renaming option which fixed the file names based upon the capture date. Thanks for clarifying the need for two separate operations!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back