Not open for further replies.

ken.harrison

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic 12.1
Operating System
  1. macOS 11 Big Sur
I have a large Lightroom catalogue that I want to process
but Osteoarthritis makes this painful, even when I use an elbow sleeve and support.

My current set up is
MacOS Big Sur 11.7.2
2020 iMac 27” Retina 5K 32GB
Sensei Ten Mouse
EditorsKeys for Lightroom
Lightroom Classic 12.1

I wondered if any other people have experience of either
Loupedeck+ - Wacom Intuos Pro – Small - or the Apple Magic Trackpad 2 (or a combination of them)
in reducing the discomfort of this or similar conditions.

Yes I use a Loupedeck+ and find it very convenient, especially when editing many images (eg. for a job shoot).
It is far easier to twiddle a few knobs for all the basics rather than trying to locate a mouse cursor on the sliders in the Basic panel.
I have set the programmable buttons to the common things I use.
Because it is keyboard size, it still requires some arm movement to move the hand to places on the Loupedeck+ and I find the mouse and regular keyboard is still required for occasional things that Loupedeck does not have a function for (eg. Auto-Sync).
With left hand on the basic knobs (for exposure, clarity, etc) and the right hand on the arrow keys, i can quickly get through and easily do the basic edits for many photos by hardly having to move hands. It does reduce RSI in my right (mouse) wrist!
2023-01-10 09_02_57-Lightroom.jpg

I bought mine through Amazon-Australia.

I tried really hard to work with a Wacom tablet, to the extent I locked my mouse in a drawer to force me to master the tablet and pen, but gave up after 3 months. My summary is that this works well if you are doing a lot of editing in Photoshop with brush or clone type tools, but not for a mix of say 80% Lr and 20% Photoshop editing.

I discovered that using a gaming mouse made a huge difference to how easy it was for me to use the mouse. It was much more precise and easier to use.

I have got one of the LoupeDeck rigs, a small one, have not had the time to plug in or configure.

What I found most useful is to get a mouse with a few programmable options. This saves me a lot of round trips to the keyboard.

I use Loupedeck + for a couple of years. I have a tremor from MS, which makes targeting with a mouse more difficult.
Using the LD+ is so much easier and fun and accurate. So much so, if mine broke I would order another immediately.
The documentation is not the easiest, but its an excellent piece of kit which I think should help you.

Thank you for the suggestions on this forum and elsewhere.
I have purchased a Loupedeck+ and a Logitech Lift Left mouse.
The Loupedeck won in tests as it is an easier transition from my current keyboard and improves my accuracy with sliders.
I also added elbow sleeves to my arm and resting support on the desk, changed my posture and monitor position and created structured breaks.
It has only been a few days, but the discomfort is far less.
Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back