• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Album > Store Locally problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikebore

Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Version Number
8.0.0 7FE042/60
Operating System
  1. iOS
I have a 2TB iPad Pro 12.9” partly so that I can have Smart Previews of all my 80k photos on board. I have been doing this successfully using an excellent tip I learned here.... to have an ALL PHOTOS ALBUM and select "Store Locally" from the three dots.

This worked well until a few weeks ago when I noticed there were 611 pics pending for ALL PHOTOS ALBUM. The sync indicator was spinning but the number was not changing. I tried rebooting etc but it didn't fix it. So I toggled Store Locally off then on and it started downloading them again from zero. It always gets to a number between 2000-3000 and hangs with sync indicator spinning. Tried a few times now and always the same including leaving 12 hours or so.

Once it has hung, other albums cannot be stored locally. If I cancel the ALL ABUMS download other small albums can be stored locally

It is not a matter of insufficient space. I have "only download Smart Previews" set, and when I turn on “Store Locally” for the “ALL PHOTOS ALBUM” I get the window below.

Thanks for any help.

Screenshot 2022-10-26 at 12.56.58.png

Last edited:
There's currently a bug with the Store Locally option in relation to videos, which can cause a stuck syncing condition. See this post from the Adobe Community forum, particularly the response from Adobe staff member Charlie.D.

Is it possible you have some videos in the stuck album?

There's currently a bug with the Store Locally option in relation to videos, which can cause a stuck syncing condition. See this post from the Adobe Community forum, particularly the response from Adobe staff member Charlie.D.

Is it possible you have some videos in the stuck album?
Thanks very much Jim...is there a link missing in your reply?

Yes there are plenty of video clips in the 80k in ALL PHOTOS ALBUM. So is the suggestion that it gets stuck when it comes across a video clip?

Why does the screenshot I included says "videos will not be included" ?

Sorry Mike, yes that's the link I meant to post. Yes, I do believe it gets stuck when it encounters a video (I've had the same issue myself, removing the video from the album allowed the store locally process to complete).

Using the ideas in that thread I have moved all the videos out of my ALL PHOTOS ALBUM into an ALL VIDEOS ALBUM.

Now the smart previews are downloading steadily.

And surprise surprise the number of videos in the ALL VIDEOS ALBUM is 611! exactly the number pending when ALL PHOTOS ALBUM first hung!

When the bug is fixed I can move them back again.

Thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back