• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Home cloud storage for Lightroom CC originals fails

Status
Not open for further replies.

g2iSite

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Lightroom Version Number
5.5 from the Mac store
Operating System
  1. macOS 12 Monterey
Hi,

I've pointed Lightroom to my local storage device that is accessed over my wifi network. I've been able to connect and use it with MacOS Time Machine, but it fails to transfer my Lightroom photos. Is this a known issue, or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

1663622287014.png

The first thing to do is ensure that Lightroom has been granted Full Disk Access (Apple have been gradually tightening access to your system drives and folders). If you haven't done that yet, see this blog post: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/disk-permissions-monterey-classic/

Scroll down to the Full Disk Access section.

OK. Where were the local images stored before you switched to the network drive, and is that drive still online?

The original message states that the problem is due to the "Source" volume being unavailable, but you say that the drive is not connected. So unless I'm mis-understanding, that explains the issue, i.e. when you change the downloads location, Lightroom will attempt to move all the current downloaded files from the old location (i.e. the "source volume") to the new location. Obviously it can't do that if the old location volume is offline, hence the message. So either reconnect the external SSD to allow the transfer to take place, or click on the "Forget Volume" button. I guess what happens if you use the "Forget Volume" button rather depends on whether the option to "Store a copy of all originals" is checked or not.....if it's checked, Lightroom should download a new copy of your originals to the new location. If it's unchecked then nothing should happen until there's a need to store new originals locally (e.g. through an import).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back