• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Free online portfolio still available?

Status
Not open for further replies.

barryb1717

Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I saw a youtube video about a free way to get an online portfolio with Adobe CC. Is that still possible, and how would you open one?

https://youtu.be/38hDxvNb73c

Thanks.

Yes, album sharing is still a major part of the cloud ecosystem. Also available to subscription users is the Adobe Portfolio app which allows us to create our own portfolio web-site as well.

Not sure what you mean when you ask "how would you open one"? I thought the video was quite clear about how to setup and share an album, although there have been some minor changes to the user interface since the video was made. Can you clarify what you are looking for help with?

The two options available from Lightroom Classic at no additional cost do two different things:

Lightroom Photos sharing lets you create a web photo gallery for a Lightroom Classic collection, when you turn on cloud syncing for that collection. Some collaboration with other users (such as review commenting) is possible through shared albums.

Adobe Portfolio lets you design a web page that can contain many things including a photo gallery, and one of the supported photo gallery sources is a Lightroom Classic collection.

You can publish an online photo portfolio using either tool. The main difference is that Lightroom Photos creates a photo gallery web page with limited options, and Adobe Portfolio lets you create a website of one or more linked pages. In Adobe Portfolio, you can customize the design, layout, and typography of those pages.

So…
  • If you just want to throw some photos on a web page and send people a web link, Lightroom Photos syncing works great.
  • If you want to control the design of your web pages and add other content (custom headings, body text, colors; a mix of images from different sources, links to other websites, custom domain name…), then you want to build an Adobe Portfolio web site.

Adobe portfolio is a part of the Photography plan subscription.
I use it to display my best images. There used to be a Portfolio Publish service in Classic but Adobe removed it. However you can sync Lightroom (cloudy) Albums to Portfilio web pages

You can also get your own domain name and tie it to your Adobe portfolio account

https://cletuslee.work

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back