• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Map module Issue with Map module?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaryDavies

Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 12 Monterey
I use Map by dragging images to where they were taken in the map module. However, with the latest update it doesn't allow me to. Is this a bug or has something changed?

It's still working as expected for me, also on Monterey.

What happens when you try?

When I drag and drop a selection of images onto the map nothing happens. Was working as expected up until the last update.
Do you mean nothing at all happens when you drag or when you try to drop? When dragging do you see the cursor change to include the small thumbnail of the selected image with the orange place marker below?

Troubleshooting steps:

1. Go to the Library module and exit LR. Then restart LR and switch back to the Map module -- does drag and drop now work?

2. Try resetting LR's preferences:
https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

LR sometimes soils its preferences file, and resetting it can fix all sorts of wonky behavior. That article explains how to restore the old preferences if resetting doesn't help.

3. In the Map module, select one or more photos. Right-click where you want them on the map and do Add GPS Coordinates To Selected Photos. Does that work?

The map function is now working again. I made no changes to settings or workflow, so it just solved itself. No explanation! Thanks for all the suggestions.

The problem you have seen with the Map Module has been registered with Adobe as a bug. There have been similar earlier reports in this forum. The work around give by johnellis is the one that has worked for me (and I dare say many others) and in my experience it is not intermittent

I did. There may be other issues as well. Since the latest update my photos no longer import automatically. I have to choose "Import Photos.." before it will do anything. Before, all I had to do was insert my SD in the reader.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back