• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Alternatives to Blurb to make ebooks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

L Robbin

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
5.x
Lightroom Version Number
LR 11.4
Operating System
  1. macOS 12 Monterey
Now that Blurb will soon stop allowing people to make photography ebooks, do you have suggestions for other software that will do the job? I have a iMac with the M chip.

Now that Blurb will soon stop allowing people to make photography ebooks, do you have suggestions for other software that will do the job? I have a iMac with the M chip.
Not according to anything I can find on the web with a Google search.

I'd stick with Blurb until something else happens.

Here is the email I received from Blurb:

5c34ec8e62544.png
Important eBook update​
5c34ec8e62544.png
5c34ec8e62544.png
We wanted to let you know that starting mid-July 2022, Blurb will no longer support the creation and publishing of ebooks as we transition to an updated version of BookWright. While we have enjoyed offering ebooks as a digital book solution, we have found that PDFs offer greater versatility and less restrictions for users. Therefore, we’ve made the decision to move away from ebooks.

Here's what you need to know:

• If you have an existing ebook project in the works or previously published, it will continue to be supported through mid-July.
  • Until then, you can still create ebooks, but be sure to download them to your computer or mobile device for safekeeping prior to the mid-July deadline.
To learn more about this change or to get support, check out this helpful article or connect with Customer Support.​

I believe Apple Pages can export in ebook format.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back