• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Library module Strange keyword issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

barman58

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
11.3.1 [Latest?]
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
In Lightroom classic where is content of the "Add Keyword" right click menu of the Grid View of the Library Module stored.
For some time I have an entry in this option on the right click menu that appears to be a Cyrillic word, I can only imagine it was in a sample image I downloaded and added to lightroom, [ I catalogue all my images on my system in lightroom , segregated into my own images and downloaded images from other sources ].
If it was a regular keyword in image I assume I could search for it and delete it manually but apart from the "KOP" shown as the first three characters I cannot recognise the last three, to search, a part search does not work either.
I also am not sure where/how the contents of this right click menu entry are set

It's an annoyance more than a major thing but it's like a small stone in your shoe - annoying beyond it's significance

Have you tried entering it in the search field at the top of the Keyword List panel?

If that doesn't do the trick, a screenshot might help us identify.

You could try adding the keyword to an image and then in the keyword tags box select that keyword and copy it to the clipboard. Then you can paste it into the search box. That might let you find it.

I've tried to locate a keyword that relates to the strange spelled word, no searches locate it as I cannot type in the search
I believe it may have appeared after downloading a set of free logo images - not sure when this was done but was over a year ago , and I have since deleted all the content from the catalogue and the system
Screenshot 2022-05-01 204832.png

"коралл" is Russian for "coral", in case that helps narrow down where it might have come from.

To get rid of it, click on the paint can in the tool bar:
2022-05-01 17_55_02-5-2-2-2-v10-v11 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Library.png

If it isn't there, click on the triangle at the right end of the bar and make it so.

If the Paint: field isn't set to keywords, click on it and make that so:
2022-05-01 17_58_01-5-2-2-2-v10-v11 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Library.png

The next field (contemplative in my catalogue) will contain your mystery keyword. Clear it. That ought to work.

Do the menu command Metadata > Set Keyword Shortcut. Do you see "коралл"? Clear it and click OK.
That's easier than my method.

Thank you both - the issue has gone - I still do not have a clue how it happened, because to the best of my knowledge I have never used the painter, apart from a test when first moving to Lightroom (Classic) or later if it's a recent arrival. As for the source of the data used I did download a set of open source Commercial logos [for use as icons in for favourites in Chrome browser that looks like I originated from Russia or one of it's satellites - which are also now gone ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back