• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Help Resizing Image During Export

Status
Not open for further replies.

GlennHermes

Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic version: 11.1 [ 202112022200-7fd1f998 ]
Operating System
  1. macOS 12 Monterey
I'm trying to export my images with a specific size setting. I need 3840x2160 but Lightroom Classic does not appear to be working as I think it should.

Original image before export is 6720x4480

In export settings, set Resize to Fix, Width and Height to 3480x2160

Resulting output image is 3240x2160

Export does not seem to change aspect ratio during export. I know I can "crop" to the size I want, but I want to export 100's of images to use with my Samsung Frame TV. The exact 3480x2160 allows the Frame to display the images full screen without a mat around the image.

Anyone know how to batch resize photos in Lightroom or during export?

I'm trying to export my images with a specific size setting. I need 3840x2160 but Lightroom Classic does not appear to be working as I think it should.

Original image before export is 6720x4480

In export settings, set Resize to Fix, Width and Height to 3480x2160

Resulting output image is 3240x2160

Export does not seem to change aspect ratio during export. I know I can "crop" to the size I want, but I want to export 100's of images to use with my Samsung Frame TV. The exact 3480x2160 allows the Frame to display the images full screen without a mat around the image.

Anyone know how to batch resize photos in Lightroom or during export?

Changing the aspect ratio will distort the image. You do not want to do this.

You need to create a crop window with the desired output aspect ratio. The original aspect ratio is 0.66. Which is a standard camer sensor size.ratio. You want a new ratio to be 0.6206.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Maybe you do want to do this but the answer is that Lightroom can't change the aspect ratio on export, even if you wanted that.

Export does not seem to change aspect ratio during export.
I'm not sure what you are expecting. Your original image is 6720x4480 which is a 3:2 ratio. The size of 3480x2160 is the display resolution at least which is 29:18 of Sony Frame but not necessarily your selected resolution which of standard resolutions.

As @clee01l mentioned, if you want to make your 3:2 image into 29:18 you will be stretching it in one direction. What you are seeing LrC do is resize inside the dimensions you specific respecting the original aspect ration of 3:2.

I don't own a Frame but would suggest researching more about the art display aspect and the framing which comes with it such as in this article.

Thank you everyone, for your comments. I was able to find an online tool (bulkresizephotos.com) that will let me bulk resize my 3:2 images to 16:9 that I need to display on my Samsung Frame, full frame, without a mat appearing around the image. No distortion, but blind resize/crop may result in some undesirable cropping on some images.

Thank you everyone, for your comments. I was able to find an online tool (bulkresizephotos.com) that will let me bulk resize my 3:2 images to 16:9 that I need to display on my Samsung Frame, full frame, without a mat appearing around the image. No distortion, but blind resize/crop may result in some undesirable cropping on some images.
All you really need to do is crop the image in Lightroom to 16:9 and you get the result that you desire. The website will squash or stretch the image to fit your desired dimensions unless you check the "Padding" box which adds a border on one dimension. to fit the desired size. Also id you start with a lossy JPEG you lose some quality in the resulting JPEG. IF you crop appropriately in Lightroom Classic, your resulting JPEG export will still be lossy as all JPEGs are but it won't suffer the second lossy compression that the website applies to the already lossy compression from Lightroom. The Website appears to only accept JPEGS and TIFFS. Does not accept or recognize RAW former or PSDs from Photoshop. If the website crops it does so arbitrarily and does not let you choose the best portion of your image.

I create many 16:9 images from my original 3:2 aspect ratio original images. But I crop out the unimportant bits of the image to fit the desired 16:9 ratio. These always fit exactly in my 16:9 Samsung TV.

Cleetus, if the unimportant pixels aren't at the edges but in the middle, you can use Content-Aware-Scale function of PS. But a little squeezing by linear scaling isn't a problem in most Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back