• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

How to delete a preset?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbcornue-aol

Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 11 Big Sur
OK, so I made a mistake when updating my copyright preset and ended up with a new preset. I can’t figure out how to delete the first one As there is no option to delete and i can’t drag it to the trash can. Suggestions please?
dave

Assuming you are talking about a Metadata preset, there are two ways:

1. Simply remove it from the Metadata Presets folder using Finder (in Lightroom Classic>Preferences>Presets>Click on "Show All Other Lightroom Presets", that opens a Finder window with the "Lightroom" folder selected). Scroll down to the Metadata Presets sub-folder, open it then select and delete the offending preset, then restart LrC.

2. Within LrC's Library module, select "Edit Metadata Presets" from the Metadata menu. From the resulting panel, use the drop-down list to select the offending preset. As soon as that preset has been selected and the various metadata fields have been populated, click again on the Preset panel header and the list of presets will again be displayed. However, the offending preset is still selected and now at the bottom of the list will be some additional options....which include the option to delete that currently selected preset. Click on that option and the preset is deleted. Not very intuitive, but quite a common scenario in LrC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back