• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Unable to move some photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

JD750

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 12 Monterey
I migrated to a new Mac. Now when I open Lightroom (cloudy) I get a message "Unable to move some photos". Offline Source Volumes
"Macintosh HD" is offline.

However it's not "offline" its the main hard drive for the computer.

Everything seems to work but this message keeps popping up.

What can I try to get rid of it?
LR Message 2022-01-20.jpg

Unfortunate naming collision. “MacIntosh HD” is referring to the old Mac where the volume has the same name (but not the same ID) as the new volume
If you moved your apps correctly, this is not to be concerned about. ALL of your master images are still in the Adobe cloud.

Jim Wilde will probably be along with the answer before I can get to a computer with Lightroom running to figure out the answer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If it was an external hard drive and you were happy that everything is safely in the cloud, you may simply be able to click Forget Volume.

However, that leaves you open to sync problems, as Lightroom's library isn't designed to be migrated between machines. Instead, quit LR, go to Pictures and rename the Lightroom Library.lrlibrary file. Then start LR again. It may ask you to sign in, or it may go straight into downloading the photos from the cloud. Once you're happy that everything's ok, you can delete the renamed library file... we're just keeping it temporarily in case not all of your originals had synced up to the cloud before you migrated.

Well Jim is 6 hours ahead of me and in the same timezone as Victoria. So you will need to fumble along with me trying to resolve e your problem. I need some information.
From the Lightroom {Help}{System Info...} , copy the results of that dialog into your reply.
Next take a screen shot of the "Local Storage" section of Preferences. This will permit me to see where your local cache and where if any that you have stored copy of originals locally. It is this latter destination that I suspect is the problem. .
Last question: How much free space do you have on the volume named "MacIntosh HD"? Do you have any other EHDs attached to the new Mac? Well that was two more questions.

I've thought of one more thing. In MacOS preferences in the "Security & Privacy/Privacy tab, what access does the Files and Folders section hav for the "Adobe Lightroom.app"?

Well Jim is 6 hours ahead of me and in the same timezone as Victoria. So you will need to fumble along with me trying to resolve e your problem. I need some information.
Cletus, I didn't respond because Victoria had already given the same answer that I would have given, i.e. try clicking on Forget Volume, and if that doesn't work reset the local library as she suggested.

I'm sorry for the delay in responding. I have a day job and I don't get to check and respond to emails as quickly as I would like. Thank you everyone for your generous help!

Cletus answered to your questions:
(1) Macintosh HD has about 1.7 TB of FREE space
(2) I often attach an External HD to the Mac, it has my photo archive on the archive photos are kept in the LR Classic catalog. It's a 1 TB Drive close to full
with about 0.2 TB remaining.
(3) There is no entry for Lightroom in Security & Privacy/Privacy tab. It has entries for PS and LR Classic and all are checked.
Here is the lightroom help system info copy:
Lightroom version: 5.1 arm64 [ 20211204-1710-0e71941 ] (Dec 4 2021)
NGL Version: 1.28.0.8
WF Version: 4.0 0d53932
VF Version: 0.1.36.2
HIL Version: 40400
Operating system: macOS
OS Version: macOS 12.2 (21D5039d)
Application architecture: arm64
Computer model: MacBookPro18,2 / Apple M1 Max
Logical processor count: 10
Processor speed: 0.0 GHz
Built-in memory: 65,536.0 MB
Real memory available to Lightroom: 65,536.0 MB
Real memory used by Lightroom: 1,227.6 MB (1.8%)
Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 397,486.3 MB
Memory cache size: 1,150.3 MB
Internal Camera Raw version: 14.1 [ 993 ]
Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 6
Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2
Camera Raw virtual memory: 585MB / 32767MB (1%)
Camera Raw real memory: 0MB / 65536MB (0%)
Displays: 1) 3456x2234, 2) 2560x1440

Graphics Processor Info: Metal: Apple M1 Max
Graphics Processor Detail: loaded: Yes, supported: Yes, compute: Yes, init: I4_GPU3, hard: success, soft: success, al: Yes, dl: No
OS Media Capability: true

Application Folder: /Applications/Adobe Lightroom CC
Settings Folder: /Users/jerrydalton/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom CC
Library Folder: /Users/jerrydalton/Pictures/Lightroom Library.lrlibrary

Here is the Local Storage Snapshot.
Screen Shot 2022-01-21 at 3.47.17 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-01-21 at 3.47.17 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-21 at 3.47.17 PM.png
    69.7 KB · Views: 88
However, that leaves you open to sync problems, as Lightroom's library isn't designed to be migrated between machines. Instead, quit LR, go to Pictures and rename the Lightroom Library.lrlibrary file. Then start LR again. It may ask you to sign in, or it may go straight into downloading the photos from the cloud. Once you're happy that everything's ok, you can delete the renamed library file... we're just keeping it temporarily in case not all of your originals had synced up to the cloud before you migrated.
Have you tried these steps yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back