• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

LRC suddenly wants to export all files in catalog when selecting a single image

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fergal Flatlight

Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 11 Big Sur
I've been using Lightroom Classic for about a year. I export edited catalog images from the develop tab to my desktop. Today I do as I've always done, and I notice that the entire catalog is being exported, not just the image I've selected. I've tried changing the export file name, changing catalog, and LRC still insists on exporting the entire catalog. I do not use keyboard shortcuts so I doubt (though not impossible) I've inadvertently selected some command that would create this scenario. Help, anyone?

Some comments-
It can be easy to select many files thinking that the one that is brightest white is the only one selected, when, in fact, the light-grey photos are also selected.
Press [Ctrl/Cmd + D] to De-select all files, then click to select only the one you want to Export.
It can be that you are not seeing the filmstrip, under the Develop main window, and thus not seeing the photos highlighted/selected. Grid view [G] may be a better option to select for Export.
Have you by accident chosen [Export as a Catalog] from the File menu? This is not an image export!

Resetting the Preferences file may also correct un-explained happenings with the catalog-
PREFERENCES RESET

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back