Catalogs How to extract keywords from a catalog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FKlusmann

Lightroom Version Number
LR6
Operating System
  1. Windows 11
Please point me to a "how-to" extract hierarchical keywords from a backup .lrcst.
Thank you.

There is the menu Metadata > Export Keywords which produces a text file. Is that what you need?

What are you trying to accomplish?

Thank you.
@johnbeardy, right now LR will not open past the ~~ you need to connect to Adobe ~~ message. No LR menus or tasks are available to me.
@Victoria Bampton, In many Database, the file can be opened - or un-zipped and parts be extracted (without the actual DB program being used). I am wishing to find a way get the keywords out of a backup of the catalog. Is this even possible?
If Adobe does not help me get a working copy of LR6, I would try to take it to another product.

You should be able to sign in and use it as a trial long enough to extract the keywords using the menu command John mentioned, but are you simply having trouble activating LR6 or you don't own it?

You should be able to sign in and use it as a trial long enough to extract the keywords using the menu command John mentioned, but are you simply having trouble activating LR6 or you don't own it?
@Victoria Bampton, thanks. Yes, I purchased LR5 and the upgrade to LR6. I am going to call Adobe again today to try another time as John suggested. If that works, then there will be no problem. Otherwise, when I am in an area with good wifi I will try your suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back