• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Renaming TIF Files Returning From External Editors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul_DS256

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
LrC 11.1
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
My default suffix for files sent to external editors is "-Edit". What I've tried to start remembering to do is rename this, with the external program used, so that in the future I know what I was trying to do. For example, "-PS", "-DeNoise", "-Sharp". However, many times I forget.

I've checked DEVELOP HISTORY, in the original image, but there is no record of launching an externa editor which makes sense since you can't undo that operation.

I also looked at the metadata of the .TIF file created to see if the external program stamped is name in the metadata. The only thing I find is that LrC is listed as the creating program which makes sense.

So, short of post-it notes around my screen, is there any way to either automate the renaming or raise a reminder?

Thanks

The Edit in process allows toy to pick an editor. And a file naming preset. The problem is that the file naming preset does not automatically change with picking a different editor. So having a file naming preset for Photoshop, Topaz etc is what you need. Remembering to change the file naming preset BEFORE you go to the External Editor os a Habit you will need to acquire.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Today’s blog has a workaround using export presets, with some limitations

Remembering to change the file naming preset BEFORE you go to the External Editor os a Habit you will need to acquire.
Ya, like, I already have problems with renaming after let alone before ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back